Kingston City Council congratulates GM Raja Panjwani!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingston City Council congratulates GM Raja Panjwani!

From the Agenda / Proceedings of Kingston City Council, Nov. 20, 2018:
    "Motion of Congratulations:
    Moved by Councillor Hutchison
    Seconded by Councillor Stroud
    That Kingston City Council extends its congratulations to former Kingstonian Raja Panjwani, who received the title of International Grandmaster from the World Chess Federation (FIDE) at its Congress, held in Batumi, Georgia in October. Raja Panjwani, now age 28, lived with his family in Kingston from early 2000 to spring 2004, receiving instruction and competition at the Kingston Chess Club. During that time Raja became a National Master strength player, a multiple Canadian national youth champion, and had first won the title of Kingston champion at age 12 in late 2002. He has been recognized by FIDE as an International Master since 2009."
    I arranged for this with the two City Councillors, who have both been CFC-rated players in the past, and who both won re-election in the October 2018 municipal election, for another four-year term. Councillor Rob Hutchison was an organizer, along with me, at KCC and for EOCA events, during the period when Raja was active in Kingston chess, while Councillor Peter Stroud now sends his young son to KCC youth sessions.

Hi Frank,

That is great!

For the 2019 NAYCC in Kingston, I want to engage the Kingston chess community in the event. You have always been an excellent resource...and I ill be contacting you in early 2019.

Sincerely,

Larry

Comment

A nice gesture to our newest Canadian GM. Congratulations Raja!

Comment

Working...
      X