Bus Toronto-Montreal 50.51$ + a Motel at 50$ tax incl. = 100$ - Montreal Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bus Toronto-Montreal 50.51$ + a Motel at 50$ tax incl. = 100$ - Montreal Championship

Bus for 50$ and a room for 50$ for a total of 100$ tax included. You could take a bye for round 1.

Hi,

Here is a bus ticket we just reserved with Coach Canada this morning. The more you wait, the more you will pay. Today it is $50.51 for Toronto-Montreal + Montreal-Toronto. If you wait a few more days you will pay up to 110$.

Additionnal to that, if you check on our website and on our forum you will find a Motel for 100$ for a whole week and a motel with one double bed at 50$ per day and a motel at 60$ per day tax incl. with two beds. www.championnatdemontreal.mine.nu

See our reservation this morning for a GM player:

Objet : Coach Canada Reservation Confirmation

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED EMAIL, PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS.
    WE CAN BE CONTACTED FROM THE CONTACT US SECTION OF OUR WEBSITE

Thank you for making an online reservation with Coach Canada.

This email confirms your reservation(s).

The reservation numbers provided below must be presented to our driver
    when you
    board the vehicle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ----
    Y O U R R E S E R V A T I O N S U M M A R Y
    ----
    Reservation for:
    1 passenger

Price paid: CAN $18.00

Reservation Number
    XX-XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-TOR-

Trip information:
    Thu September 10, 2009
    Toronto Terminal to Montreal, Bus Terminal, Metro Berri UQAM
    21:00 Depart Toronto Terminal
    3:45 Arrive Montreal, Bus Terminal, Metro Berri UQAM

----

Reservation for:
    1 passenger

Price paid: CAN $28.00

Reservation Number
    X-XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX--TOR

Trip information:
    Thu September 17, 2009
    Montreal, Bus Terminal, Metro Berri UQAM to Toronto Terminal
    11:30 Depart Montreal, Bus Terminal, Metro Berri UQAM
    18:20 Arrive Toronto Terminal

----

Booking Fee : CAN $0.00

SubTotal : CAN $46.00

GST : CAN $2.30

QST : CAN $2.21

Total Charge : CAN $50.51

----
    IMPORTANT INFORMATION
    ----

You must have your reservation number to board our vehicle, so please
    take
    it with you. This reservation number entitles you to a seat on the trip
    you selected.

Passengers are required to be at their departure point at least 15
    minutes
    before their trip is scheduled to depart. This allows our drivers to
    board
    passengers in a timely manner avoiding any delays that may impact on the

departure of the vehicle.

Should you have any questions regarding your upcoming trip(s) please
    contact
    us through our website or call 800-461-7661.

Enjoy your ride!

The Coach Canada Team

Montreal Open Chess Championship
    championnatdemontreal@gmail.com
    Last edited by Championnat de Montréal; Friday, 21st August, 2009, 10:29 AM.

Re: Bus Toronto-Montreal 50.51$ + a Motel at 50$ tax incl. = 100$ - Montreal Champion

Here's a summary of Montreal-Toronto one-way rates (via Coach Canada/Megabus) as they stood late Sunday night. Taxes are extra - no discount for return tickets.

Book 2 days in advance and it's $38 for most trips (some are $55). Note that there are very few $38 trips available on Fridays and weekends.

Book a week in advance, and you will find a few $28 trips.

Book 2 weeks in advance, and you will find a few $18 trips.

However - if you want to travel Montreal-Toronto in time for the tournament, Coach Canada shows only the 00:30 Friday Sept. 11 departure as being $38 - all other Friday departures are $55. Departing on Thursday will cost you $28 for most trips.

Returning Monday after the tournament will cost you $38 (at 00:30), or $28 for most later trips. On Tues. Sept. 15, there is a $19 trip leaving at 8:30 pm - getting you into Toronto at 3 am.

http://www.coachcanada.com

On the other hand, train fares start at $69 (plus taxes) each way.

http://www.viarail.ca

Bus travel time: about 6.5 hours.
    Train travel time: 4.5 to 5.5 hours.

Note that Ottawa is not served by Coach Canada - it is served by Greyhound. Return tickets to Montreal range from $42 (14-day advance purchase) to $81.60 (plus taxes). Via Rail fares are in the $70-100 (return, plus taxes) range.

http://www.greyhound.ca

Allow 2 hours by train; 2.5-3 hours by bus.

Comment

Re: Bus Toronto-Montreal 50.51$ + a Motel at 50$ tax incl. = 100$ - Montreal Champion

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
      Here's a summary of Montreal-Toronto one-way rates (via Coach Canada/Megabus) as they stood late Sunday night. Taxes are extra - no discount for return tickets.

Book 2 days in advance and it's $38 for most trips (some are $55). Note that there are very few $38 trips available on Fridays and weekends.

Book a week in advance, and you will find a few $28 trips.

Book 2 weeks in advance, and you will find a few $18 trips.

However - if you want to travel Montreal-Toronto in time for the tournament, Coach Canada shows only the 00:30 Friday Sept. 11 departure as being $38 - all other Friday departures are $55. Departing on Thursday will cost you $28 for most trips.

Returning Monday after the tournament will cost you $38 (at 00:30), or $28 for most later trips. On Tues. Sept. 15, there is a $19 trip leaving at 8:30 pm - getting you into Toronto at 3 am.

http://www.coachcanada.com

On the other hand, train fares start at $69 (plus taxes) each way.

http://www.viarail.ca

Bus travel time: about 6.5 hours.
      Train travel time: 4.5 to 5.5 hours.

Note that Ottawa is not served by Coach Canada - it is served by Greyhound. Return tickets to Montreal range from $42 (14-day advance purchase) to $81.60 (plus taxes). Via Rail fares are in the $70-100 (return, plus taxes) range.

http://www.greyhound.ca

Allow 2 hours by train; 2.5-3 hours by bus.
      For Via Rail you can have a 40% reduction on price if you buy on ebay.ca a reduction coupon for 3$. It brings the price to 43.50$ for each ways for a total of 87$ from Toronto to Montreal + Montreal to Toronto if my computation is ok. I do that everytime I go in Toronto. Some summers the coupons are 50%.

Procedure to buy coupon:
      1- Go on ebay.ca
      2- In the search field type: Via Coupon

or

Click here.
      Last edited by Carl Bilodeau; Monday, 24th August, 2009, 10:47 AM.

Comment

For Via Rail you can have a 40% reduction on price if you buy on ebay.ca a reduction coupon for 3$. It brings the price to 43.50$ for each ways for a total of 87$ from Toronto to Montreal + Montreal to Toronto if my computation is ok. I do that everytime I go in Toronto. Some summers the coupons are 50%.
        If I'm not misktaken, it's 40% off the regular, nondiscounted economy fare ($131 one-way before taxes). That's $78.60 - still a bit more than the $69 "special" fare - but the number of seats is not limited, and you can book right up to the last minute (assuming any seats are available - many trains are completely sold out if you wait too long).

I made a return trip to Toronto this weekend - 50% off VIA 1 (first class) fare with a frequent-traveller coupon - and another 50% credit on the Montreal-Toronto portion when the train arrived 2 hours late due to the storm on Thursday night.

Comment

I am going and have room in my car for three people.
          I have not received an answer as to whether the top section(open) is Fide rated.
          I have emailed the organizers twice. Does anyone know the answer.
          Regards
          Mario Moran-Venegas

Comment

The tournament is not CFC-rated - and thus not FIDE-rated (nor FIDE-rateable).

Comment

Thanks Hugh.
              I will no longer be going.
              Regards

Comment

You could still get your games CFC-rated, by treating the event as a "foreign event" (CFC Handbook, section 736).

"A Canadian may have a foreign FIDE-rated tournament count for their CFC rating by sending a letter to that effect in advance to the CFC. (And include $25 in advance with the letter sent to the CFC office. The letter should be received by the CFC office not less than 1 month before the start of the event, and include the $25 flat rating fee. - CFC Office policy effective December 1st, 2003) The CFC will rate the event only to the extent that FIDE does. Results must be reported within one month after the tournament is completed. Failure to submit a crosstable after registering an event bars the player from registering a tournament participation for three years. [see Motion 78-15; GL, April 1978, p. 39]"

Addendum - I just noticed that this rule relates to foreign FIDE-rated events. I know you used to be able to get any "foreign" event CFC-rated.
                Last edited by Hugh Brodie; Thursday, 27th August, 2009, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Re : Re: Bus Toronto-Montreal 50.51$ + a Motel at 50$ tax incl. = 100$ - Montreal Cha

Originally posted by Mario Moran-Venegas View Post
                  I am going and have room in my car for three people.
                  I have not received an answer as to whether the top section(open) is Fide rated.
                  I have emailed the organizers twice. Does anyone know the answer.
                  Regards
                  Mario Moran-Venegas
                  Hi Mario,

We received correctly your two messages from our Contact page. But there was no return email address, only a phone number. Two differents persons tried four times after each messages to contact you over the phone without success. Since there was no answer machine we could not let you a message. We then looked over the internet and found an old email address but it came back in errors. You have to know that we were still trying.

We did what you asked in the email, we scheduled you on section B since the Championship is FQE rated and not FIDE rated. We took your FQE rating for the list of players as you can see here.

You will be removed from our list tonight as required by an email you sent after you posted your last message here. But if you change your mind we will be very happy.

Montreal Open Chess Championship
                  championnatdemontreal@gmail.com
                  Last edited by Championnat de Montréal; Thursday, 27th August, 2009, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X