I have heard the cries of the clocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have heard the cries of the clocks

Hi, someone pointed out to me at one of the tournaments I played in that perhaps people in a regular game shouldn't be trying to save a nanosecond by bashing the clock with pieces or in blitz games as well. Just a thought. Particularly when they belong to your opponent or to the club or organizer who is putting on the event. They may need the clock for future use.

I've always been able to capture a piece and holding the piece in my hand still press the clock plenty quick if I need to. I can also tap my head & rub my belly at the same time

What do you think, do we give the clocks a break or do we pack them all of to Guantanamo Bay so they can be properly tortured and go back to counting one steam boat, two steam boat :D

Oh and next time you say check in a long game when its completely obvious, you might as well insult me directly, just saying ...
    Funny how many guys will say check in a long game but not a blitz game as they want to catch you out in a blitz game.

Re: I have heard the cries of the clocks

Nobody says "check" in a tournament game, unless they're like 1100. Or if they're a geologist.

Comment

tell that to the 20 something that said check in one of my recent tournament games

Comment

Originally posted by Lucas Davies View Post
        Nobody says "check" in a tournament game, unless they're like 1100. Or if they're a geologist.
        What about people who (also?) say "en garde" when they attack your Queen? Personally, I often appreciate the hint. :)
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
        X