chess clubs in/around Sudbury?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chess clubs in/around Sudbury?

moving up to Sudbury for school next year does anyone know if theres a club in or around the city??

Isn't Robert Kiviaho from Sudbury? He is one of Canada's six correspondence GM's.

Comment

Sudbury officially has a chess club on Wednesday nights at the YMCA... Starts at 6 or 630 I think.

Thursday nights a few people often meet around 6pm at the Southridge mall food court for games.

Both are extremely informal.

You will enjoy the Northern Ontario Championship, which will be held in September this year. There are three masters we try to organize the date around: NM Kiviaho, IM Hartman, and myself. Hartman and I both live a couple hours out of Sudbury (in opposite directions), but you'll probably enjoy meeting Bob Kiviaho. There are also a bunch of players between 1400 and 1800, so you'll have decent opposition.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Nicholson View Post
        Sudbury officially has a chess club on Wednesday nights at the YMCA... Starts at 6 or 630 I think.

Thursday nights a few people often meet around 6pm at the Southridge mall food court for games.

Both are extremely informal.

You will enjoy the Northern Ontario Championship, which will be held in September this year. There are three masters we try to organize the date around: NM Kiviaho, IM Hartman, and myself. Hartman and I both live a couple hours out of Sudbury (in opposite directions), but you'll probably enjoy meeting Bob Kiviaho. There are also a bunch of players between 1400 and 1800, so you'll have decent opposition.

Looking forward to meeting you!
        Awesome thanks Matthew you are playing in the proam correct? If so I’ll see you there.
        And the North Ontario championship? Is that in Sudbury?

Comment

Yeah I'm almost 100% committed to playing Guelph this weekend.

The N.Och location is actually decided by me I guess. I haven't officially awarded it. Sudbury and Parry sound have both offered to host..

Should know more this month.

Comment

Just FYI @ Henri... CFC has the Northern Ontario Ch posted now. Hope to see you there!

Comment

Working...
            X