new idea for (Canadian) Forfeit Losers List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its ok Aris, I didnt have enough information so my point was invalid. I like what you are doing but your input as to deposit amount should come from fellow organizers (who like your idea) Having said that I would suggest at least $250

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
      Well then let's agree to disagree. I believe that forfeiting is worse than asking a forfeiter to make a refundable deposit. I am deciding to protect the players who attend more than those who forfeit.

We don't need to argue about this, it seems like just personal philosophy. I leave it up to the CFC Executive to express their disapproval. Except for the CYCC, I thought Organizers set the fees.

Thanks though for the heads-up.
      Aris, Zonal is not your personal event. You bid for the Zonal with all (more or less) requirements/conditions and it was a multi-year bid. Now you are trying to alternate the tournament regulations. I think that requires an approval.

Can you say more about the forfeit that happened in the tournament? The player was repaired for later rounds. I might assume you (or an arbiter) found his reasons reasonable to miss a round.

You wrote in the first post that you have several who did that several times. Have you talk with them about it? Maybe you shall be not the nicest person to them after all :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
        Has the CFC executive authorized, for the Federation's national championship, an additional fee to be charged as proposed by Aris?
        We have not. At this point, it is just a discussion item on chesstalk and the CFC forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

Aris, Zonal is not your personal event. You bid for the Zonal with all (more or less) requirements/conditions and it was a multi-year bid. Now you are trying to alternate the tournament regulations. I think that requires an approval.

Can you say more about the forfeit that happened in the tournament? The player was repaired for later rounds. I might assume you (or an arbiter) found his reasons reasonable to miss a round.

You wrote in the first post that you have several who did that several times. Have you talk with them about it? Maybe you shall be not the nicest person to them after all :)
          Hello Egis, I have only expressed my personal opinion. My personal opinion is that this would not be a CFC Executive matter. If I am incorrect, then the CFC Executive will correct me.

And I have no problem with being corrected as appropriate. I mean that. I far prefer CFC consensus.

Regarding the actual forfeit situations, I believe it would be inappropriate to discuss them publicly, and for certain aspects, even privately. And yes, I talked, emailed, announced, etc. lol

Comment

For the zonal, I think a $100 deposit for someone on the blacklist is a good idea. I think $100 deposit is enough, after all, they only forfeited a game. I forfeited my first CFC game as a 12 or 13 year old, because I could not find the playing site. Recently in Calgary, a very reputable player forfeited a game because he did not know the clocks went back 1 hour! I would support your idea Aris. Maybe after 5 years, they could be removed from the blacklist. I hate anything permanent. I remember the CFC blacklist for bounced checks. I assume that is gone now - but it was the same 2 names for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Findlay View Post
              For the zonal, I think a $100 deposit for someone on the blacklist is a good idea. I think $100 deposit is enough, after all, they only forfeited a game. I forfeited my first CFC game as a 12 or 13 year old, because I could not find the playing site. Recently in Calgary, a very reputable player forfeited a game because he did not know the clocks went back 1 hour! I would support your idea Aris. Maybe after 5 years, they could be removed from the blacklist. I hate anything permanent. I remember the CFC blacklist for bounced checks. I assume that is gone now - but it was the same 2 names for a long time.
              Thank you Ian for your comments.

Comment

Working...
              X