Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Chess Hall of Fame was started by David Cohen

Who We Are

Canadian Chess Newsletter and History web site is published by David Cohen.

David Cohen is a graduate of Yale University School of Management. David co-founded Chess Institute of Canada and has taught chess for over 20 years. He was on the Board of Directors of the Chess Federation of Canada and the Ontario Chess Association for many years, and served as President of the Greater Toronto Chess League in 2002-3. His experience as a tournament organizer and director includes the 1984 and 2011 Canadian Open Championships, 1984 Pan-American Intercollegiate Team Championship, 1986 and 1987 Canadian Cadet (Under 16) Championships, and 2001 and 2011 Canadian Women's Championships.

David has written extensively about the game, producing three volumes of chess teaching materials, dozens of published articles, and the section of this web site on the history of Canadian Chess.

Trivia: the tie I'm wearing in the photo isn't mine, it got loaned to me for the photo. If you think I don't have hair in this photo, well, now I'm 7 years older and have even less. Okay, seriously, thanks for the write up. My web site (http://www.canadianchess.info) is still there and is the best way to contact me. Our next Canadian Chess Hall of Fame induction will be soon!

Comment

Working...
    X