Two CFC-related questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please see my post about what Malwarebytes reports. Problem is not in security certificate.

https://forum.chesstalk.com/forum/ch...010#post199010

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
      Has anyone got the answer to my other question?

2) On the CFC rating list, what is the difference between expiry dates of 01/12/2099 and 31/12/2099? (my life membership expires on 01/12/2099).
      I'm going to guess there is no difference, Hugh

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post

Hi Brian. There is a good discussion about this taking place at the CFC Forum. That is appropriate venue for CFC Executive to discuss such matters.

Fred McKim
        CFC Treasurer
        Thanks, but I cannot post there and I can post here. I have read those posts. Neither your posts there or here has you or the executive showing leadership in this file. If it is dead, say so. Don't keep this up for months. It is the elephant in the room and no one will acknowledge it.
        Brian

Comment

Hi Brian. There has been a bit of discussion among the Executive on this in the past 24 hours and I would think there will be some resolution in the near future. I don't know what that is right now and part of the problem is that we're not sure what the majority of our members want.

Comment

Then Why not stop paying for the CFC Newsletter and get a new website. Are you guys still in the floppy disc era or what.
            Last edited by John Brown; Thursday, 2nd May, 2019, 07:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post

John. We are having someone look at the virus issue. Can you outline what software you are running ?
              Hi Fred
              I'm running Kaspersky Total Security and even when I say the site is good as a trusted site It still says you have a Trojan Virus and blocks me access.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brown View Post
                Then Why not stop paying for the CFC Newsletter and get a new website. Are you guys still in the floppy disc era or what.
                Hi John. We pay for the newsfeed every month. I think it's $300. We don't pay for the newsletter if we don't receive one. The website is on our radar, but we have to get GoMembership (new admin package) up and working first.

I've passed your Kaspersky situation along, as well.

Fred

Comment

Note two situations:

1. the CFC Forums at http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/forum.php (which DOES generate a warning for me that the site is not safe - blacklisted by Yandex)

2. the main CFC website at http://chess.ca (which does NOT generate any warning or errors for me).

I am running windows 10 v1903 with the stock Windows Defender only (no 3rd party anti-virus or anti-malware)
                  ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Last edited by Serge Archambault; Wednesday, 4th September, 2019, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Has there been any movement on the CFC magazine file? A Life Member would like to know. ;^))

Comment

Much discussion but no movement. At one point there was a possibility of contracting with a group of GMs to do an internationally focused newsletter that was pretty good (ie it was actually a working project) but it appears that it has ceased newsmagazine operations and become a book publisher.

Comment

Working...
                        X