Master Chess Summer Chess Camps!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Chess Summer Chess Camps!!

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know about the summer chess camps I'll be running in July/August, in case you're not sure where to bring your kids when school's done :)
    One thing I noticed while working with kids in the last few years is how hard it was for them to focus, with all the screen distractions around them fighting for their attention. Chess is an excellent way to develop that ability, along with other subjects we're teaching in our camp such as public speaking, French, money management, and debate. Every week we will hold tournaments on Thursdays and Fridays to apply what we learn, rewarding students for their effort with medals and trophies. Our camp will take place over 9 weeks from July to August, in Richmond Hill, Markham, and Mississauga. Teachers will include Master Mike, Master Mark, Master Daniel, Master Goran, Master Lefong, and Master Ioan :) All levels are welcome, from kids who are just learning how to move the pieces, to those competing at provincial and national championships. More information can be found at www.masterchess.ca/2019camp/ If you have any questions, feel free to ask Mike at mishivanov@gmail.com. Thanks!

P.S. Simul yesterday went great, thankfully I didn't give away any points against some strong 1500-1900s :)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike Ivanov; Thursday, 2nd May, 2019, 02:54 PM.

With those respected masters and teachers camp is highly recommended! Say hello to them, especially Master Goran!

Comment

Sounds like a good chess camp!

Comment

I'm almost 60 yrs old and one thing I noticed in the last few years is how hard it is for me to focus. Can I attend your summer camp or do you have one for geezers :)

Comment

Thanks Hans and Gordon! Don, we don't discriminate by age so sure :) I think most people find it harder to concentrate nowadays than they did a 100 years ago. For example, my university professors would tell stories about assigning 100 pages of readings a week in the 70s, while they'd be lucky if the class read 20 pages per week in 2017.

Comment

Working...
          X