CFC meeting - apathy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC meeting - apathy?

I noticed that only 24 Voting Members bothered to participate in the latest CFC online meeting. As well as discussing penalties for players who forfeit - maybe there should be a penalty for VM's who don't participate?

Corporate annual reports often show the attendance of Directors at their various meetings during the year - perhaps we should do this with VM's?

The CFC web site seems to no longer have a list of all the VM's - shouldn't this be available publicly (or at least to CFC members)? (The French version of the page shows photos and details about all the VM's ("Governors" at the time) - but it's for the year 2010-11!).

I think I'm a VM... No one ever explained where I'm supposed to go to weigh in and vote on stuff.

I vote that someone should send me an introductory email in grade 5 English and/or with pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Nicholson View Post
      I think I'm a VM... No one ever explained where I'm supposed to go to weigh in and vote on stuff.

I vote that someone should send me an introductory email in grade 5 English and/or with pictures.
      Doesn't (or shouldn't) the Secretary have email addresses, or some way of contacting VM's for such meetings?

Addendum: I don't even know who the Quebec VM's are :-) When I was one, I was contacted/questioned regularly about CFC-related items by players within Quebec. Nowadays - they don't know who to contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post

Doesn't (or shouldn't) the Secretary have email addresses, or some way of contacting VM's for such meetings?

Addendum: I don't even know who the Quebec VM's are :-) When I was one, I was contacted/questioned regularly about CFC-related items by players within Quebec. Nowadays - they don't know who to contact.
        moved to correct post

Comment

Hello Matt, the last email I received about this last meeting was April 28th from lcraver at shaw dot ca
          Maybe confirm he has your email address, and/or add him to your safe senders. He seems organized.

Comment

Hi Matthew.

In reviewing the list of Ontario Voting Members from the middle of August, I don't see your name. Lyle will give instructions to all new Voting Members as how to access the CFC Forum.

Fred
            CFC Executive

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post

The Secretary contacts all Voting Members prior to each meeting by e-mail.

If you want to know the Voting Members in your Province then you should contact the Provincial Association. Perhaps in the case of Quebec, it might be more appropriate to contact the CFC directly, as the FQE can only nominate VM's (which the VM's across Canada vote on) and not be responsible for the election like the affiliated provinces are.

Fred
              CFC Executive

Comment

Hi,
                Is there a list of governors by region?
                When I go to CFC, Click About, Staff & Governors, there are no Governors.
                http://chess.ca/governors-page
                Alex F.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ferreira View Post
                  Hi,
                  Is there a list of governors by region?
                  When I go to CFC, Click About, Staff & Governors, there are no Governors.
                  http://chess.ca/governors-page
                  Alex F.
                  Presumably each region/province keeps a list of their Voting Members. The GTCA should be able to tell you who the Voting Members are for 2018/19 and also the newly elected VM's (starting at the 2019 AGM) from their meeting last month.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred McKim View Post

Presumably each region/province keeps a list of their Voting Members. The GTCA should be able to tell you who the Voting Members are for 2018/19 and also the newly elected VM's (starting at the 2019 AGM) from their meeting last month.
                    Hi,

Yes I know who my regional governors are. I recently contacted a couple of them and got a list. I still feel this should be published on the CFC.
                    I was looking for this list more out of curiosity.
                    Are there still Life Governors? If so what kind of participation do they have?
                    Why is voting participation so low?
                    Don't Governors / Voting Members have a responsibility to vote on most issues?

It's easy for me to criticize of course. I have been asked to be a governor in the past and declined, precisely because I consider it to be too time consuming to do it properly.
                    Not that long ago, it saddened me to see that some people would agree to be governors without intending to participate at all. Some people did it because they had one particular item, or personal agenda, while not caring for much of the rest. I hope it's better now, and people fight for governor positions, rather than "okaaay if you need a name put mine down".

Alex F.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Ferreira View Post
                      rather than "okaaay if you need a name put mine down".
                      Still same...

Comment

Working...
                      X