Is that Hal Bond at Women's Candidates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that Hal Bond at Women's Candidates?

At this link:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BypLE2lH...=10lqwx4m0ljkg

there is a series of 10 pictures of the action at the Women's Candidates tournament... in Pic 10, it looks to me like that is Hal Bond about to start the clock?
    I guess he is banned from Chess Talk at the moment, so I won't hold my breath waiting for him to confirm... :)
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Yes he is over there.

Comment

Yes, I believe he is the Chief Arbiter. Right from our own back yard, one of THE TOP Arbiters in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
        Yes, I believe he is the Chief Arbiter. Right from our own back yard, one of THE TOP Arbiters in the world.
        yea he is chief arbiter for it! hes done quite a lot top level tournaments in the past. if you watch the opening ceremonies he was on stage to introduce the players

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
          At this link:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BypLE2lH...=10lqwx4m0ljkg

there is a series of 10 pictures of the action at the Women's Candidates tournament... in Pic 10, it looks to me like that is Hal Bond about to start the clock?
          I guess he is banned from Chess Talk at the moment, so I won't hold my breath waiting for him to confirm... :)
          Hi Kerry,
          We understood from the new owner the 'ban' was a temporary hiccup
          of just a day, and was immediately resolved (I have no way of checking),
          I would imagine he can certainly post:)

Comment

Originally posted by Francis Rodriguez View Post

Hi Kerry,
            We understood from the new owner the 'ban' was a temporary hiccup
            of just a day, and was immediately resolved (I have no way of checking),
            I would imagine he can certainly post:)
            Thanks for that info... the thread about that was rather unremarkable to say the least. I suppose I should be grateful that thread wasn't just removed. Glad if it was a minor misunderstanding or whatever - maybe Hal finally decided that CT was not worth his time? Last post of his was 24th April 2019.
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

Thanks for that info... the thread about that was rather unremarkable to say the least. I suppose I should be grateful that thread wasn't just removed. Glad if it was a minor misunderstanding or whatever - maybe Hal finally decided that CT was not worth his time? Last post of his was 24th April 2019.
              Maybe (i.e. I'm speculating) it was an objection on principle to the admin's stipulation that tournament advertising for 2019 would cost organizers $20/event or $100/yr (unlimited). $20 doesn't seem like a lot unless you're a chess organizer, a woefully underpaid group in general.
              "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
              "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
              "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Hey yo, Dark knight ... what does Hal owe? SoCA would like to cover the amount ... depending on the amount owed 'natch.

societyofchessaficionados@gmail.com

Comment

Hello folks - greetings from Kazan. It's just before 3 am and the sun is up. Thank you for thinking of me, and Neil that was a very kind offer but everything is sorted. The Women's Candidates has been an awesome experience. So many decisive games! I loved Tan's move Be8 against Kosteniuk. It was like she promoted the Bishop to a chunk of plutonium. Still one more round to go and although the winner is known, there is still a fight for final placements. The closing ceremony will take place at 2pm local time on Tuesday. President Dvorkovich will be here for it so I look forward to chatting with him. Then I wanna come home.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
                    Hello folks - greetings from Kazan. It's just before 3 am and the sun is up. Thank you for thinking of me, and Neil that was a very kind offer but everything is sorted. The Women's Candidates has been an awesome experience. So many decisive games! I loved Tan's move Be8 against Kosteniuk. It was like she promoted the Bishop to a chunk of plutonium. Still one more round to go and although the winner is known, there is still a fight for final placements. The closing ceremony will take place at 2pm local time on Tuesday. President Dvorkovich will be here for it so I look forward to chatting with him. Then I wanna come home.
                    hey Hal great job over there saw you in various videos and photos, I am really happy to see Goryachkina win! I had high hopes for her from the start. and good to have you back on CT. see you soon
                    henry

Comment

Is that Hal Bond at Women’s Candidates?

June 16, 2019

Women’s Candidates 2019
                      Kazan, Russia
                      Round 11, June 13
                      Tan, Zhongyi – Kosteniuk, Alexandra
                      E21 Nimzo-Indian, Three Knights

1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nf3 Bb4+ 4.Nc3 b6 5.e3 Bb7 6.Bd3 O-O 7.O-O c5 8.dxc5 Bxc3 9.bxc3 bxc5 10.Qc2 Qc7 11.e4 Nc6 12.Re1 Ng4 13.Rb1 Rab8 14.e5 g6 15.Bf4 f6 16.Bxg6 f5 17.Bh5 Nf6 18.exf6 Qxf4 19.Qd3 Rfd8 20.Be8 Kf8 21.f7 Ba8 22.Rxb8 Nxb8 23.Ne5 d6 24.Qh3 Qg5 25.Nf3 Qg6 26.Nh4 Qg5 27.f4 Qf6 28.Qg3 Qg7 29.Qxg7+ Kxg7 30.Rxe6 Be4 31.Rh6 Nd7 32.Rxd6 1-0

Position after White’s 20.Be8

Comment

Working...
                      X