Gary hua resigns from elevate my chess canada inc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary hua resigns from elevate my chess canada inc.

Dear Chess Community,

Gary Hua, one of the founders of Elevate My Chess Canada Inc. (EMC) has decided to resign from his position as an officer and director of EMC effective July 15, 2019.

We will remember Gary for his passion for the game, integrity, diligence, hard work and commitment to our chess community. Gary has played a key role in our success story over the last two years and we will dearly miss him.

We thank Gary for all his hard work and contributions to EMC and we wish him all the best in his future endeavors. We know we will continue to work with Gary in other capacities as we continue to elevate the experience of the members of our chess community.

Cheers,
    Ken Green
    President, Elevate My Chess Canada Inc.

I have had the pleasure of working with Gary and Ken on several occasions and also have played in some of their well-run tournaments. Additionally Gary and his family have supported my club, the Kitchener-Waterloo Chess Club, by playing in many our tournaments. All three of the players from the Hua family have done very well in Kitchener. On one occasion Eugene won his section, while Michelle won hers with Gary placing second right behind her. Gary's wife Debbie doesn't play, but is almost always with the family at the tournaments.

I have exchanged ideas with Gary many times. He introduced me to some new concepts (to me, at least), such as basing the prize payouts on players' scores instead of standings. It is clear to me that he is very keen on growing chess in Ontario and improving the quality of chess in general. I hope to see more of Gary and wish him the best going forward.

Comment

I echo Brian's comment - Gary has been a creative organizer, with new ideas, and the courage to take a chance on failing. Hope we see him still in some capacity in organizing.

Bob A

Comment

Gary has always had a great influence on the local chess scene and has always been great to strike up a conversation. Ive had the pleasure of playing Michelle a handful of times now. Before and after every encounter I see Gary offering moral support in any way he can.
        Thanks Gary for all your hard work and for the well run tournaments and good luck in the future

Comment

I really only truly got to know Gary this last year or so, while Organizing the 2019 Kingston Zonal/chessfest at Easter time. I reached out to him while we were building the bid, and again afterwards, there's always SOMETHING to RE-manage as the event approaches. I was immediately impressed with his sound practical judgement, and at least part of our success should be attributed to him.

I look forward to our paths crossing again, all the best Gary!

Comment

Hi All,

Thanks to all for your kind words. It has been a great pleasure hosting and running tournaments in the GTA area for the past few years for all the players who have consistently supported our tournaments and all the parents who has taken great pains to support their kids.

I will take a break from running tournaments for the time being.

EMC will be in safe hands of Ken Green and I wish all the best to EMC moving forward.

I may have a chance to play more often now that I am not running tournaments.....the first tournament that I will play is this coming Canadian Amateur in Kitchener on the Civic day weekend organized by Hal Bond ( 4 days tournament ).It was my first tournament in Canada back in 2012 or 2013 and I have attended the tournament together with my two kids ever since.

Gary Hua
            Last edited by Gary Hua; Wednesday, 17th July, 2019, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Both Gary and Ken have made a contribution to chess in Canada in a very short period of time...I am sure the future will bring bigger and better achievements for all involved...thank you and Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
              X