Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIDE Arbiter Seminar, September 27-29

FIDE Arbiters’ Seminar in Guelph, September 27-29, 2019

Aspiring Arbiters please take note! Guelph is hosting a FIDE Arbiters Seminar from September 27-29. We will be on the 3rd floor (room 332) of the Guelph University Centre. Whether you are a National Arbiter, a veteran club Arbiter or just starting out, this seminar will cover all of the technical aspects of Arbiting – from the laws of chess to pairing rules to GM norms and anti-cheating regulations. Successful attendees (ie those who pass the exam) will earn a compulsory norm toward their FIDE Arbiter (FA)Title. The FA title allows you to be the Chief Arbiter in a norm tournament.

In order to cover all the material, it will be a full weekend. Friday night will run from 6pm – 10pm and Saturday /Sunday will run from 9am-7pm. The exam will be set on Sunday afternoon.
    The seminar fee is $285. You can pay by e-transfer to my email address, halbond@sympatico.ca

The Chief Lecturer will be me, Hal Bond, and my assistant will be IA Aris Marghetis. Aris is fluent in French and can assist any francophone participants.
    For further details please contact me halbond@sympatico.ca

All you chess teachers who officiate at school and CMA tournaments should take this course. Really. It's part of being a chess professional.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
      FIDE Arbiters’ Seminar in Guelph, September 27-29, 2019

... snip ...

The Chief Lecturer will be me, Hal Bond, and my assistant will be IA Aris Marghetis. Aris is fluent in French and can assist any francophone participants.
      For further details please contact me halbond@sympatico.ca
      Hello, if you happen to favour French over English, please note that I am fluent in French, and I would be happy to help you out as the seminar proceeds. I'll also post this at Parlons-Echecs.

Thank you, best regards, Assistant Lecturer, IA/IO Aris Marghetis.

Comment

Working...
      X