Something Vlad posted on the CFC board..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something Vlad posted on the CFC board..

Sorry I forgot my password for that board...so I am posting here...Vlad wrote:

'"There are lots of opportunities for local communities and their tourism bureaus and city halls to contribute to bringing these tournaments to a community. One of the frustrations of going to the Canadian Sport Tourism Alliance meetings is the many interested communities which offer sponsorship opportunities but which are not being followed up on mostly for lack of organizer interest.

There are many communities in Quebec who are very interested in hosting one or more of these tournaments."

Thanks to the CFC we received $5,000 from Kingston Tourism for the NAYCC (which covers the cost of the room rental for the event...well it did until Friday when the University decided to add a charge of $1,500 for a person to be on-site because our group is larger than anticipated...(nothing mentioned in the original contract ...grr).

As far as I know, the only other contacts were Longueuil (Sandman Hotel) which both the FQE and Michel Roy (Varennes) have taken advantage of, and Laval. When I spoke to the gal from Laval, we were not on the same page in many ways.

Am I missing something?

Larry

How about the Canadian Open 2017 & 2018? And go way back to Kapuskasing. And we have the examples of lottery money in Alberta and Just for Laughs in Montreal.

What's with Queen's? Does the university normally fill the residences in the summer? Toronto hotels will give you a playing hall and security personnel for free if you fill their hotel rooms.

Comment

Hi Eric,

We got a great deal!( despite this hiccup) We did this event in Toronto and 2013...lost $4,000...this time we finished in the black...the University was flexible at the end of the day :)

Comment

Working...
      X