CMA begins it's 35th year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMA begins it's 35th year!

Year 34 ended yesterday...and today we start year 35!

Yes the Chess'n Math Association, Canada's National Scholastic Chess Association, has been serving the Canadian chess community for a long time :). We have changed the chess landscape in this country over these many years and we are proud of what we have accomplished!

Today, we have a dedicated team of 20 full time staff and over 100 enthusiastic individuals who teach for us on a sub-contract basis!

I would like to thank everyone who has supported our organization over the years...you have made the difference!

My greatest feeling of accomplishment is when a parent who was part of our program when they were a kid, brings his or her kids to join our program today!

Larry Bevand
    Executive Director
    Chess'n Math Association

Congratulations to you and everyone involved. You have done great work. Here's to 34 more years that are even better.

Comment

Congratulations Larry for starting a true chess culture in Canada and to many years of chess popularity ahead!

Comment

Larry, you've had CMA going more than half your life. Thats success! Congratulations.

Comment

Congrats Larry. I would be interested in hearing more of the CMA accomplishments. I know of some of the obvious ones, but I am sure there are many I am not aware of.
          Good luck in the future.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

We do have a short summary (which badly needs updating) on our website: https://chess-math.org/who-are-we

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
              Thanks everyone!

We do have a short summary (which badly needs updating) on our website: https://chess-math.org/who-are-we

Larry
              Thanks Larry, but I liked the impressive list of the players that the CMA helped educate or honoured over the years. That was an impressive list.

Comment

Working...
              X