FIDE Arbiters' Seminar This Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIDE Arbiters' Seminar This Weekend

Hello everyone, this is a reminder of the Seminar this weekend in room 332 of the Guelph University Centre. Women can enroll for free! thanks to a collaboration between the IOC and the FIDE Women's Commission.

For out of province Arbiters, the course is also available online. We are using WebEx as the meeting platform. More info below.

FIDE Arbiters’ Seminar in Guelph, September 27-29, 2019

Aspiring Arbiters please take note! Guelph is hosting a FIDE Arbiters Seminar from September 27-29. We will be on the 3rd floor (room 332) of the Guelph University Centre. Whether you are a National Arbiter, a veteran club Arbiter or just starting out, this seminar will cover all of the technical aspects of Arbiting – from the laws of chess to pairing rules to GM norms and anti-cheating regulations. Successful attendees (ie those who pass the exam) will earn a compulsory norm toward their FIDE Arbiter (FA)Title. The FA title allows you to be the Chief Arbiter in a norm tournament.
    In order to cover all the material, it will be a full weekend. Friday night will run from 6pm – 10pm and Saturday /Sunday will run from 9am-7pm. The exam will be set on Sunday afternoon.
    The seminar fee is $285. You can pay by e-transfer to my email address, halbond@sympatico.ca
    The Chief Lecturer will be me, Hal Bond, and my assistant will be IA Aris Marghetis. Aris is fluent in French and can assist any francophone participants.
    For further details or questions please contact me halbond@sympatico.ca
    Women Participants may enroll for free! Compliments of the FIDE Commission for Women and the IOC.

NA Title Option:
    An express version of the course, aimed at the National Arbiter level, is also available. It will begin at the same time Friday and finish mid afternoon on Saturday, the cost is $160. Please contact me if you are interested in this option.

One of these days, I will take this course. Unfortunately, I am in a bridge tournament that weekend. Thanks Hal for offering this course.

Comment

For those people considering registering for this course, I can heartily recommend it!! I was in the 2010 class, taught by Hal and IA Stephen Boyd, as part of the Canadian Open in Toronto. This was the first time it was offered in Canada. But it is very demanding, with an enormous amount of material covered in a short time period; the exam (which I passed!) is very challenging. A highly worthwhile experience, to be sure. Best wishes to instructors and participants this weekend in Guelph! Cheers, Frank Dixon, NTD, Kingston

Comment

Thank you Frank, we have a great group of interested partcipants!

Comment

Working...
        X