the tug of chess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the tug of chess

everyone seems to have one thing that draws them into chess or another. what is it for you? how do you react when you see ti?

For me personally I have a strong memory, so I love studying openings and the vast knowledge that comes with them. when ever I learn a new line or a new string of theory I like to see the input from players throughout the years and it can be really beneficial to have a vast opening knowledge when it comes to the game.

so what do you all see in the actual game the brings to back for more every time.

Good thread idea Henri!

I guess one thing I really like is finding ways out of seemingly impossible situations. Like last night I was playing someone rated around 400 points higher, and it seemed that my Queen would be trapped within two moves, and I somehow found a move that would lead to three pieces for the Queen. He didn't fall for it and he won eventually anyway, but I loved that "Eureka move" rush lol

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
      Good thread idea Henri!

I guess one thing I really like is finding ways out of seemingly impossible situations. Like last night I was playing someone rated around 400 points higher, and it seemed that my Queen would be trapped within two moves, and I somehow found a move that would lead to three pieces for the Queen. He didn't fall for it and he won eventually anyway, but I loved that "Eureka move" rush lol
      thanks for your post Aris, I agree I love those kinda positions, sometimes you can have a tactical escape and its highly rewarding to find that

Comment

Originally posted by Henri Hughes View Post

thanks for your post Aris, I agree I love those kinda positions, sometimes you can have a tactical escape and its highly rewarding to find that
        I think that's one of the coolest things about watching better players, is how they find stuff when lower-level players aren't even thinking of looking. It's like some kind of "tactical vigilance"!!

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

I think that's one of the coolest things about watching better players, is how they find stuff when lower-level players aren't even thinking of looking. It's like some kind of "tactical vigilance"!!
          I call it the creepy crawly, when your playing a better player and you think your doing pretty good but then they make one move and you see all of the weaknesses in your position

Comment

Thats the right wording Aris. Tactical vigilance. Im always working on that as I get older. It keeps me sharp.

Comment

Working...
            X