Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burllington Fall Active Chess Tourney Dec 01 2019

Date: Sun Dec 01 2019

Location: Burlington Seniors Centre, 2285 New Street Burlington, ON.

Time Control: 25min plus 10sec increment

Format: 5 round Swiss Active, number of sections based on numbers of players

Approx round times: 10am, 11:30am, lunch, 2pm, 3:30pm, 5pm or ASAP.

Entry fee: $40 if received by Nov 28, $60 cash on site thereafter, can play up a section if within 100 pts for an extra $10

Prizes: Trophies and/ or cash based on entries

Register/ Questions: miltonchess@hotmail.com
    Register with: 1. name as seen on CFC website membership search
    2. CFC number and membership expiry date
    3. payment by e-transfer using contact email, NO paypal
    On site registration begins at 9am on game day, cash only.
    Registration after 9:40am on game day may be a round one bye
    Registered players
    IM David Cummings
    FM Michael Dougherty
    Gordon Gooding
    Nikola Brajkovic
    Marco D'Orante
    Anirud Chakkoli
    Taki Stewart
    Vincent Chen
    Zhenxi (Jerry) Gao
    Varun Pillai
    Karma Pillai
    Ara Chanoian
    Atharva Srinivas
    Rob Gashgarian
    Michael Stewart
    Ruibin Li
    Edward Szopa
    Alex Friedman
    Max Lee
    Kevin G Zou
    Alex Xu
    Keith Wight
    John Erickson
    Mitchell Schneider
    Ben Newell
    Odin Newell
    Ankush Nain
    Henry Yao
    Mario Moran Venegas
    Simmon Chang
    Jeff Zhang
    Adam Cormier
    Rohit Gudipalli
    Joey Saxton
    Paolo Mourad
    William Johnson
    Stephen Johnson
    Stephan Tonakanian
    Roman Sapozhnikov
    Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Saturday, 30th November, 2019, 03:59 PM.

Hi all, just a reminder of our tourney, spaces are limited. We have room for only 150 players or so. I would like to say operators are standing by but we dont so make your move by Nov 28 and pay only $40 if I receive it by then.
    Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Sunday, 24th November, 2019, 05:42 PM.

Comment

I guess it is only fitting that the first registrant is from Burlington.

Comment

Got players from Burlington, Milton and potential Niagara Region players as well. Maybe I'll get the same guy who flew in from Vancouver on the morning of one of our tourneys, landed at Pearson at 7am, and made it for the 10am start in Niagara and didn't seem affected by jet lag.That was impressive!
        Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Thursday, 10th October, 2019, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Comment

Happy Halloween everybody. I might have some left over candy at my tournament. Early entry fee is only $40 if I receive it by Nov 28. That is my treat to you.
            Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Sunday, 24th November, 2019, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Hi all just a friendly bump to remind you of the Sun Dec 01 active chess tournament Burlington.

Comment

Time is ticking down for the $40 entry fee if received by Nov 28. I was wondering if anyone was interested in buying some used chess books I have. I am thinking of bringing some to the tourney to sell.

Comment

Hi all, just roughly two weeks for the Burlington Fall Open Active chess tourney. Guess I should put up a registered list soon. Nov 28 is the last day for me to receive payment of $40 entry fee. After that it is going up to $60. New venue that can easily hold a lot of people. Hope to hear from you soon.

Gord!

Comment

Hi all the registered list is on the first post. I have already one FM signed up, any others? By the way if you dont see your name on the list and you have given me your cfc info and entry fee, please wait a day or two for me to update the list before you panic, thnx. If you still dont see your name after a couple of days then shoot me an email asap.

Gord
                    Last edited by Gordon Gooding; Sunday, 17th November, 2019, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Keep those registrations coming in. Anyone from Niagara or Markham coming this way?

Comment

I have put the registration list on the first post. Also we have decided to have rating sections based on number of entries and to play up a section for an additional $10 if you are within 100 rating pts.

Comment

I see we have a small preregistered list, but it will grow.
                          We have received numerous requests to have sections, instead of just one.
                          So by popular demand, we will have 3 sections: Top Guns, Under 1600, and Under 1000.
                          If you are within 100 points of the rating floor, you may play up a section if within 100 points.
                          Better to sign up early to encourage your friends to play as well.

Comment

Hi all, just a reminder that Registration is not complete without receipt of $40 entry fee by etransfer by Nov 28th. I have been getting a few requests without payment. The registered list ( which included payment) is on the first post of this thread.

Tick tock.

Comment

IM Cummings is in, cool!

Comment

Working...
                              X