Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIDE reduces Fees

From the FIDE website...www.fide.com

The Presidential Board confirms its intention to reduce a number of applicable fees and in development of decisions approved at the Q3 meeting (decision No. Q2PB-2019/11) hereby resolves as follows:

1. To confirm its decision to suggest a major fee reduction to the General Assembly, including:

a) waiving all fees for the developing countries (levels 4-5);
    b) 50% reduction for level 3 countries;
    c) waiving all veteran fees;
    d) a quota for additional 30% tournaments to be rated for free (countries level 1-2);
    e) 40% reduction on youth competitions fees.

2. To assign the FIDE Treasurer Ms. Zhu Chen to draft changes to the Financial regulations no later than on 31.10.2019 for their further approval.

FIDE President
    Arkady Dvorkovich

Larry: Can some one tell us...within FIDE Canada is considered to be what level ?

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post

Larry: Can some one tell us...within FIDE Canada is considered to be what level ?
    Hal would know, but I suspect we would be level 1 - I imagine it's based on economic prosperity and not being among the chess well to do.

Comment

I wonder if there would be a reduction to Round-Robin/Match fees? They seem to be excessive as they are about $100 plus GST per section for sections under 2300 average which can be quite a lot when you run a tournament with many sections.

Comment

Working...
      X