Kingston Chess Club: News, results, future ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingston Chess Club: News, results, future ...

I am providing some Kingston Chess updates:
    1) The Club's Jim Cairns Memorial tournament concluded last night. Dr. Cairns was a KCC member for nearly 50 years, longtime KCC president, highly respected leader, fine player, and a super person. He was a longtime professor of economics at Royal Military College. NM Chris Pace won the tournament with a score of 5/6, but lost to Dr. Ted Hsu, while winning the rest of his games, including a sharp win over me! Ted finished second with an excellent 4.5/6, losing only to Brian Profit, whose schedule did not allow him to play the full event. Some of the most interesting games from this event will follow in posts on this site over the next few days.
    2) KCC's premises, rented at Kingston's Princess Street United Church for nearly 20 years, will likely be changing in the near future. The Church has been sold, and its new owners plan a full repurposing of the property. KCC will be there until the end of summer, 2020.
    3) Not only did Chris win the tournament, but he stepped in as TD partway through. Jake Van Rooy will serve as TD for the next KCC event. I served as Assistant TD for the Cairns event, and will continue in that role for the next event as well.
Working...
X