X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Spassky-Fischer match (Reykjavík, 1972), with annotations from ’64’

Check this article:

https://dgriffinchess.wordpress.com/...tal-and-keres/

In the weekly newspaper ‘64′, the games of the match appeared with notes by the likes of Botvinnik, Smyslov, Tal, Keres, Korchnoi, Polugaevsky and even the young Anatoly Karpov. There is probably little I can say about the match itself that the reader does not already know, so in this blog post I will limit myself to posting links to my translations of the notes from this source.

These are available to be downloaded at the links below. Of course, all of these games have been annotated many times in a numerous sources, but they provide a valuable record of contemporary reaction to the events in Iceland.
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Great link! Thanks, Kerry.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

The Spassky-Fischer match (Reykjavík, 1972), with annotations from ’64’

November 2, 2019

There never was a Soviet book of the Match at the time.

I am going to put these annotations into .pdf and then make a booklet of them.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Comment

Working...
      X