Registration Is Open for 2020 CYCC and Canadian Open - Special Early Bird Incentives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration Is Open for 2020 CYCC and Canadian Open - Special Early Bird Incentives!

We are happy to announce that registration is now open for the 2020 Canadian Youth Chess Championship (CYCC) and the 2020 Canadian Open!

The CYCC is Canada's largest youth chess event and the Canadian Open is Canada's most prestigious event. We are extremely honored to bring these events to you here in the GTA. We've been working so hard for the last year planning this and still have a lot of work ahead. Our goal is to wow you and give you an experience of a life time!

The CYCC is played in the following 12 sections based on age and gender:

Girls U-16, Open U-16: born 2004, 2005 Girls U-14, Open U-14: born 2006, 2007 Girls U-12, Open U-12: born 2008, 2009 Girls U-10, Open U-10: born 2010, 2011 Girls U-08, Open U-08: born 2012 and later

Players must quality to participate in the CYCC. For list of Upcoming Qualification Events, CLICK HERE.

CYCC SPECIAL EARLY BIRD INCENTIVES
    1. The first 100 Registrants get a FREE 2020 CYCC T-Shirt
    2. The first 50 Registrants get $50 registration discount code to register for the Canadian Open. The next 50 get a $25 Canadian Open registration discount
    3. The first 25 Registrants who book to stay in one of our partner hotels will enter a draw to win one or two FREE Nights stay at the hotel

Early Bird Registration fee is $225 (Note that $150 of each entry fee is remitted back to the Chess Federation of Canada to sponsor the winners of this event).

To learn more including event schedule, special events, list of registered players, sponsorship details, rules and regulations, visit our website: https://elevatemychess.com/co/

To register for the CYCC, CLICK HERE.

CANADIAN OPEN SPECIAL EARLY BIRD INCENTIVES

The Canadian Open this year will be played in 5 Sections with opportunity for Norm in the MASTER Section. Special Early Bird Registration incentives include:
    1. The first 100 Registrants get a FREE 2020 Canadian Open T-Shirt
    2. The first 25 Registrants who book to stay in one of our partner hotels will enter a draw to win one or two FREE Nights stay at the hotel

Early Bird Registration fee is as follows:
    MASTER $250 | U2200 $225 | U2000 $225 | U1800 $200 | U1600 & Unrated $175

GUARANTEED Cash prize fund minimum of $20,000.

To register and learn more including event schedule, special events, list of registered players, rules and regulations, visit our website: https://elevatemychess.com/co/

For questions, send an email to: info@elevatemychess.com

SO FAR, 41 PLAYERS HAVE REGISTERED EARLY TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE $50 DISCOUNT TO REGISTER FOR THE CANADIAN OPEN.

9 MORE SPOTS LEFT FOR THIS $50 DISCOUNT...

REMEMBER, THE NEXT 50 GET A $25 DISCOUNT...REGISTER NOW AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS.

NOTE: For those that have already registered and have not claimed or used their code, please do so immediately as these codes expire in a week. Email: info@elevatemychess.com to claim your discount code. If you have your code, register for the CO ASAP before your code expires!

Players must quality to participate in the CYCC. For list of Upcoming Qualification Events, CLICK HERE.

2. The first 50 Registrants get $50 registration discount code to register for the Canadian Open. The next 50 get a $25 Canadian Open registration discount
    3. The first 25 Registrants who book to stay in one of our partner hotels will enter a draw to win one or two FREE Nights stay at the hotel

Early Bird Registration fee is $225 (Note that $150 of each entry fee is remitted back to the Chess Federation of Canada to sponsor the winners of this event).

To learn more including event schedule, special events, list of registered players, sponsorship details, rules and regulations, visit our website: https://elevatemychess.com/co/

Comment

I just registered and got the very early bird discount but I couldn't use paypal or my credit card until I could fill in my FQE number which took me a bit of searching to find. It also appears that it moved me into the under 1600 section where I probably have some prospects of finishing high in the tournament. I clicked on the U2200 section and it was highlighted before I submitted the credit card information.
      Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Monday, 25th November, 2019, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
        I just registered and got the very early bird discount but I couldn't use paypal or my credit card until I could fill in my FQE number which took me a bit of searching to find. It also appears that it moved me into the under 1600 section where I probably have some prospects of finishing high in the tournament. I clicked on the U2200 section and it was highlighted before I submitted the credit card information.
        Hi Vlad, were you able to complete your registration? If not, let me know and I can look into it.

Comment

SO FAR, 50 PLAYERS HAVE REGISTERED FOR THE CYCC TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE $50 DISCOUNT TO REGISTER FOR THE CANADIAN OPEN.

THE $50 DISCOUNT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE BUT THE NEXT 50 GET A $25 DISCOUNT...REGISTER NOW AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS.

NOTE: For those that have already registered and have not claimed or used their code, please do so immediately as these codes will expire soon. Email: info@elevatemychess.com to claim your discount code. If you have your code, register for the CO ASAP before your code expires!

Players must quality to participate in the CYCC. Our schedule for CYCC Qualifiers will be updated in the coming weeks. For list of Upcoming Qualification Events, CLICK HERE.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Green View Post

Hi Vlad, were you able to complete your registration? If not, let me know and I can look into it.
            My rating is in the 2020 range. It registered me in the U1600 range according to the email I received. Do I still need to submit a discount code to be placed in the right section?

Comment

Are the start times for rounds 6-9 of the Canadian Open set in stone?

I have only played in two Canadian Opens, but I thought the standard was for weeknight games to be 6pm or later to allow locals (a big chunk of your player base) with a 9-to-5 job to play.

With no half-point byes available in the later rounds, you're forced to take three vacation days if they want to play the entire tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Sadoway View Post
                Are the start times for rounds 6-9 of the Canadian Open set in stone?

I have only played in two Canadian Opens, but I thought the standard was for weeknight games to be 6pm or later to allow locals (a big chunk of your player base) with a 9-to-5 job to play.

With no half-point byes available in the later rounds, you're forced to take three vacation days if they want to play the entire tournament.
                I had noticed the same thing. Apparently - the Open starts and ends on Wednesdays. There are daytime rounds scheduled for the last Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.

From someone who has played in 30+ Canadian Opens over the years - I feel it's time to bring back the original one-section system - Saturday through the following Sunday - and drastically reduce the entry fees (I play in tournaments for fun - I don't care about the prize money - and I cringe at the entry fees that are being charged for recent Canadian Opens). The Quebec Open manages quite well with entry fees at $100 (or less), prize funds of $15k, and first-class facilities The best Canadian Opens I played in were held on university campuses - with cheap accommodation and dining nearby.

Comment

I seldom complain about entry fees because I get that things are expensive, but I will say the fees and length of these tournaments makes it quite expensive for those travelling. If I play in the open and 2 of my children play in the CYCC and Canadian open we are looking over 1000 in entry fees. And then accommodation from the 11th-22nd so 11 days at $159 per night (plus taxes and fees I assume) so that is roughly 2000, add in food and getting there and for the three of us that is over $4000 and probably closer to $5000. It is a bit steep.
                  Last edited by Graham Sorgard; Friday, 10th January, 2020, 10:11 AM.

Comment

I'm in agreement with Hugh. The Canadian Open should go back to a regular format where people that work can still play without taking vacation days.
                    If the Junior tournament wants to be odd ball times that's okay as most don't work .
                    Entry fees have increased because venues have become more expensive. But if organizers would look at the numbers that will come vs entry costs ,I think they have overstepped their expectations. If a family has to pay more than $1000 to play in both events then I'd stay away.
                    I will not be playing in this year's Cdn Open even when the event is so close to Brampton where I live. It's just too expensive.

Comment

EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION DEADLINES FOR THESE EVENTS IS TOMORROW, MONDAY, MARCH 2!

SO FAR, OVER 170 PLAYERS HAVE REGISTERED EARLY FOR THE CYCC AND ANOTHER 75 FOR THE CANADIAN OPEN

The CYCC is Canada's largest youth chess event and the Canadian Open is Canada's most prestigious event. We are extremely honored to bring these events to you here in the GTA. We've been working so hard for the last year planning this and still have a lot of work ahead. Our goal is to wow you and give you an experience of a life time!

The CYCC is played in the following 12 sections based on age and gender:

Girls U-16, Open U-16: born 2004, 2005 Girls U-14, Open U-14: born 2006, 2007 Girls U-12, Open U-12: born 2008, 2009 Girls U-10, Open U-10: born 2010, 2011 Girls U-08, Open U-08: born 2012 and later

CANADIAN OPEN SPECIAL EARLY BIRD INCENTIVES

The Canadian Open this year will be played in 5 Sections with opportunity for Norm in the MASTER Section. Special Early Bird Registration incentives include:
                      1. The first 100 Registrants get a FREE 2020 Canadian Open T-Shirt
                      2. The first 25 Registrants who book to stay in one of our partner hotels will enter a draw to win one or two FREE Nights stay at the hotel

Early Bird Registration fee is as follows:
                      MASTER $250 | U2200 $225 | U2000 $225 | U1800 $200 | U1600 & Unrated $175

GUARANTEED Cash prize fund minimum of $20,000.

To register and learn more including event schedule, special events, list of registered players, rules and regulations, visit our website: https://elevatemychess.com/co/

For questions, send an email to: info@elevatemychess.com

Comment

Working...
                      X