hart house holiday open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hart house holiday open

just wondering where to follow the tourney, dont see anything on chessresults.com

I don't believe results are posted anywhere - I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

You could email the organisers at hhtournaments@gmail.com

Hope that helps

Comment

the td said his arbiter is using a diffrent system so no results on chess results.com........maybe on the tourney web site later

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond Dickson View Post
        the td said his arbiter is using a diffrent system so no results on chess results.com........
        what do they use?

I'm interested in results too. Maybe someone could post pictures of pairings and results. thnx.

Comment

No results info on the Hart House CC web site nor Facebook page - except that there were 206 advance entries.

Comment

I guess the system SwissManager is the one that utilizes chessresults.com but they are using SwissSys which does not......its all beyond me lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
              No results info on the Hart House CC web site nor Facebook page - except that there were 206 advance entries.
              Please double check the Hart House CC website again and scroll all the way down. It was first updated after round 3.
              Last edited by Ferdinand Supsup; Monday, 16th December, 2019, 03:08 AM.

Comment

The link to the final standings (which I had looked for after round 1 or 2)...

https://harthousechess.com/2019/11/0...day-open-2019/

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                  The link to the final standings (which I had looked for after round 1 or 2)...

https://harthousechess.com/2019/11/0...day-open-2019/
                  I've been busy at work and finally have gotten around to looking at the Hart House results.

Congrats to the winner Jason Liang who is 11 years old! Max Rusonik (age 13?) 1953 and Alexandre Michelashvili 1905 tied for second!

In the top section there were few draws and lots of upsets. Is it mainly active rising juniors defeating rusty established players?

I know it's a small sample of data, but dividing players into groups by rating difference with the score for the higher rated player:
                  0 to 50 +2-4=0
                  41 to 100 +5-2=1
                  101 to 150 +4-1=2
                  151 to 200 +2-2=0
                  201-250 +4-7=0
                  251-300 +2-0=0
                  300+ +8-0=0

So, in games between players around a 200 rating point difference, the lower-rated players won twice as many games! I get nervous playing against players 200 points above me, but maybe I shouldn't! None of us play consistently at a Grandmaster level, so misplays are usually there at some point in every game.

The average rating was 2082 and the average rating difference for all of the games in the section was 179 (STDEV 120).

In games with a rating difference over 250 points, the higher player won all of them. I consider games with a rating difference over 400 to be a waste of time in competitive tournaments. Maybe 300 is too much? But then there wouldn't be enough players in the top section.

Comment

Working...
                  X