Major 1999 tournament now missing from chess.ca crosstables' archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major 1999 tournament now missing from chess.ca crosstables' archive

The 1999 Pan American Intercollegiate Team Chess Championship was hosted in Toronto by U of T, in December 1999. Together with this team event, at the same site, there was a large Open tournament, in several sections. I played in that event, top section, as I was on hand to coach the Queen's University team in the Intercollegiate. However, the crosstable for the Open is now MISSING from the crosstables' archive at chess.ca. Does anyone know why this is the case, and if it could be recovered? I know IM Bryon Nickoloff tied for first in the Open.

The tournaments were reported as rated in the February 2000 issue of "En Passant". I don't see anything on the CFC crosstable site (neither Intercollegiate nor Open), but there is a complete crosstable of the Intercollegiate on the USCF site.

http://www.uschess.org/msa/XtblMain....500.0-12447787

There is an 8-point difference in Bryon's rating between his last rated event in 1999 and first in 2000 in the CFC crosstables, which could have come from that (missing) event.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post
      The 1999 Pan American Intercollegiate Team Chess Championship was hosted in Toronto by U of T, in December 1999. ....
      . However, the crosstable for the Open is now MISSING from the crosstables' archive at chess.ca. Does anyone know why this is the case?
      That's very odd Frank, are you sure it was there before?

Comment

Bob: Yes, definitely.

Comment

Working...
        X