Lake Huron Pro-Am April 25-26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake Huron Pro-Am April 25-26

Here are some details from the Lake Huron Chess Website. I look forward to seeing everyone in Port Elgin again!

Sections
    Pro (2000+), Under 2000 (FIDE+CFC rated)
    Under 1600, Under 1200 (CFC rated)

Top 2 sections FIDE+CFC rated.

Fees
    Pro section: $70 early bird, $80 regular, entry fees returned as prize money

All other sections: $50 early bird, $60 regular

Playing Up
    Players within 100 points of the section above may pay $20 to play up, proceeds to the olympic fund

Saturday
    Round 1 — 10:00 AM
    Round 2 — 2:30 PM
    Round 3 — 6:00 PM

Sunday
    Round 4 – 10:00 AM
    Round 5 – 2:30 PM
    All games are G/90 + 30 second increment.

First-round forfeit time is 60 minutes. All other rounds are 30 minutes. Whites’ clocks will start at the start of the round.

Hello again Chess Friends - this Lake Huron listing may be a little more helpful.

Lake Huron ProAm
    April 25-26
    Northport Elementary School, Port Elgin

5 Round Swiss
    Visit https://www.lakehuronchess.com
    for tournament details and registration. Post here, or email any questions to info@lakehuronchess.com
    2 CFC + FIDE Rated Sections: Pro, U2000,
    2 CFC Rated Sections: U1600, U1200

Round one pairings published Friday night, April 24th.

Players may play up one section if their current rating is within 100 points of rating floor. Extra cost is $20, proceeds to the Olympic Fund.

Round Times: Saturday 10:00am, 2:00pm, 6:30pm, Sunday 10:00am, 2:30pm
    Time Control: All rounds G/90 + 30 sec. Forfeit time is 30 minutes after the start of each round, except round one, which will have a 60 minute forfeit time.
    Entry Fees: Payments received on or before April 11, 2020
    Pro Section $70, others $50.
    After April 11, 2020: Pro Section is $80, others $60.
    On Site Late Fee: $10.00
    Single Half Point Byes: in rounds 1-4 may be requested in advance
    Prizes: $70 per Pro player returned as prizes. Trophies awarded in other sections
    Registration: Prepayment required before any pairing. Prepaid players will be paired on Friday night for round one. Whites’ clocks will start at 10am Saturday.
    For E-transfers, send to halbond@sympatico.ca
    For Paypal, the payee is chess@uoguelph.ca
    Or mail cheques payable to Hal Bond,
    57 - 12th Concession East, Unit 448
    Freelton, ON L8B 1C4

Equipment, snacks and refreshments provided by organizer

Comment

Hello everyone!

We're very excited to host a Spring edition of the Lake Huron ProAm, and are eager to build on the success of our inaugural event this past Fall. Hosting a tournament in Port Elgin provided a nice little boost in participation at our local chess club, and all of the local/area players have indicated a desire to play again at the Spring tournament.

If you have any questions about the event or the area, feel free to post them here, or email me at info@lakehuronchess.com!

Jeremy

Comment

Looking forward to the tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle M View Post
          Looking forward to the tournament.
          Thanks, Kyle!

We've had some early registrations, and are looking forward to hearing from more of you. There are several more players in our local area who have expressed their intent to register, and I'm eager to get rolling with more entries from the wider Ontario chess community. As usual, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me via info@lakehuronches.com. Find tournament details and registration at www.lakehuronchess.com

The current registration list:

Knechtel, Tim (1632)
          Moscone, Kyle (1081)
          Hotton, Nigel (815)

Comment

I am looking forward to this tournament being a success. I have lived in Port Elgin for the last 11 years. If anyone needs any recommendations on places to stay, where to eat, or things to do in the area, feel free to message me.

Comment

Working...
            X