TWIC (The Week in Chess) status update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWIC (The Week in Chess) status update

For those of you who reply on TWIC for your weekly chess reports - the site is being moved to another server - but not without its problems and delays. Here is the latest tweet (about 6:30 am EST Wednesday) from Mark Crowther - the site's owner:

"Update on my TWIC website being down. Just talking to tech support. No end in sight. "Highest priority" - "escalated case" blah blah. We'll see. No eta given, just lots of sorries. Upgrading a server should not be like this."

For those of you unfamiliar with the site - every Monday Mark provides a brief summary and games from worldwide chess events of the past week. This would be week 1321, so you can figure out how long he has been providing this (free - but donations accepted) service.

Here is a link to the site - but you will get error messages if the site is still down...be patient!

http://theweekinchess.com

Right now if I click the link I get a page about its absence with five general chess links. If I type it into my address bar (in Chrome on Windows 10) I get a "Privacy Error"; if I do so in MS Edge then I get an absence page again. Both conditions are temporary---I was able to access TWIC on Monday.

Comment

It looks like all is well at last. This morning I was able to download the latest TWIC news and games for the week ending March 2nd. On the home page Mark Crowther offers an apology for the more than 3 days of down time, but sometimes we are but slaves to the technology. I am very relieved at its return. The weekly ritual of downloading the news and games is one I've been observing since pretty much the beginning and it's something I'd rather not give up. Long live TWIC!

Comment

TWIC is still screwed up for me(sigh)

Comment

Working...
        X