Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess books for sale!

Please check out my website: https://chessbooksworm.wordpress.com/

Almost all books are in excellent condition! I have some classic and some with a couple of famous GM signatures!

Interested parties feel free to message me privately. Please state where you live (country, state, city, street, mailing box...etc) and which books you want so that I can give you an accurate price estimate.

I will update my book list about once a month.

Feel free to suggest a wishlist of books that you wish to purchase. Although I can't guarantee it, I will do my best to fill your order!

I hope you would enjoy these chess books as much as I do!
    Last edited by KIA; Sunday, 8th March, 2020, 08:01 AM.

A better link to your website is probably just this: https://chessbooksworm.wordpress.com

the link you posted seems to want people to login to wordpress (not necessary)
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Hi Kerry,

Thanks for the correction!

Comment

You'll need to work more on the website to convince someone to buy a book from an anonymous. You probably have more chances to sell them at tournaments.

Comment

It would really help to post prices ... shipping is another matter altogether since books weigh a lot and therefore tend to be expensive to ship. Good luck.
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

The website is perfectly fine as it is.

The reason why I didn't post the price of each book is that the price varies depending on where you live.

Like I said before, just tell me which books you want and I will give you the total cost of everything.

I hope that makes sense.
            Last edited by KIA; Sunday, 8th March, 2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Where are you shipping from? If from Canada it may be more convenient...and cheaper...to pick up the books in person.

Are the books available in bulk? Or is there just one copy of each?

Comment

The chess book photo is a picture of the Calgary Chess Club library. I would think a website selling chess books would use photos of their own books.

Comment

Good questions!

I am from Canada and that's why I posted my website here. Shipping my books would be fast and less expensive as long as you live in Canada. If you live in the US, I would have to make special arrangements for shipping costs.

@ Hugh Brodie: there is only one copy of each book and it would take me quite some time to replace some of them.

@ Graham Sorgard: I have already posted all of the photos of my books in the hyperlinks. Feel free to check them out!
                  Last edited by KIA; Sunday, 8th March, 2020, 05:41 PM.

Comment

I guess that some of you are worried about buying books from an anonymous. I hear about your concerns. For one thing, I am relatively new to this website; I haven't got around to updating my bio yet.

I do all my transactions in PayPal. PayPal does refund all your money in case anything happens.

I don't read these books anymore. These books are in excellent shape and you also get a decent price for them. I personally think that these are great deals!
                    Last edited by KIA; Sunday, 8th March, 2020, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KIA View Post
                      The website is perfectly fine as it is.

The reason why I didn't post the price of each book is that the price varies depending on where you live.

You might want to mull that over. As a consumer, I don't shop anywhere where the price isn't visible.

Comment

I feel like for what you're trying to do, ebay would be a better option. A random wordpress site with images taken from other websites - and nothing but a contact us form .. sets off a few alarms.

Also, did Chesstalk drop the real name policy? Posting here with a nickname doesn't promote trust either.
                        Christopher Mallon
                        FIDE Arbiter

Comment

@ Sam: You are welcome to shop at other online websites with a visible price tag. Like I said, shoot me a private message and I would give you the cost of price + shipping of your requested books

@ Christopher: Do you need to know the real identities of all the independent sellers at Amazon and eBay to buy something from them? As I mentioned, Paypal provides insurance for your money and so you would be safe dealing with me. Online marketplaces like Amazon and eBay charge a hefty monthly fee/sale commission to become a seller. It's free here.
                          Last edited by KIA; Sunday, 8th March, 2020, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KIA View Post
                            @ Sam: You are welcome to shop at other online websites with a visible price tag.....
                            Thanks! I'll take you up on that offer.

@ Christopher: Do you need to know the real identities of all the independent sellers at Amazon and eBay to buy something from them? As I mentioned, Paypal provides insurance for your money and so you would be safe dealing with me. Online marketplaces like Amazon and eBay charge a hefty monthly fee/sale commission to become a seller. It's free here.
                            Actually, yes. Members here need real names and actual picture as avatar. Can't find the TOU to link you to it at the moment. Not sure that CT can be used as a marketplace either. I've flagged the post so a Mod can provide some clarity.
                            Last edited by Sam Sharpe; Sunday, 8th March, 2020, 05:21 PM.

Comment

This has been an amusing thread, but probably not acceptable for CT (without at least paying an advertizing fee to the site owner).

Comment

Working...
                              X