News in the chess world about covid 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News in the chess world about covid 19

https://en.chessbase.com/post/the-co...ffect-on-chess including tip: take lots of vitamin D3

As with all supplements and or home remedies one should thoroughly investigate not only the recommended daily maximum dosage for each item BUT also consider the interaction there might be between supplements. I would not necessarily take online medical advice literally (no offence Hans, I know you are simply echoing what the article implies).

A great resource is your local pharmacist...

I note the unfortunate case of the couple in Arizona who took chloroquine phosphate (normally used in cleaning fish tanks...!) thinking that it was "chloroquine" as recommended by Dr. Trump in one of his White House briefing stream of unconsciousness. So far one of the couple has died and the other is in critical condition.
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Oh thats ok Kerry, your counter tips are wise. I thought I would put it out there and see if there was response. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

I doubt that vitamin D3 would have any bad effects. Worst case it passes out in the urine. Taking a supplement has been recommended for type II diabetics.

Taking aquarium cleaner internally, what could go wrong?

Chloroquine and hydrocloroquine appear to be useful in the treatment of corona virus. They can't do a controlled study because no one in their right mind wants to be part of the control group that doesn't get these drugs.

Comment

Vitamins A, D, E and K are fat-soluble and you should only take the recommended amount daily since these are processed by the liver and mega doses are toxic
          https://extension.colostate.edu/topi...e-and-k-9-315/

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Hendon View Post
            Vitamins A, D, E and K are fat-soluble and you should only take the recommended amount daily since these are processed by the liver and mega doses are toxic
            https://extension.colostate.edu/topi...e-and-k-9-315/
            As long as you take the recommended dose those toxic effects are unlikely. If you take 100 times the recommended dose well you are likely to experience difficulties. There was a study which indicated that high doses of vitamin E could lead to death though that was many years ago and I didn't read more about it afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

I note the unfortunate case of the couple in Arizona who took chloroquine phosphate (normally used in cleaning fish tanks...!) thinking that it was "chloroquine" as recommended by Dr. Trump in one of his White House briefing stream of unconsciousness. So far one of the couple has died and the other is in critical condition.
              She at first claimed that they were Trump supporters. It later emerged that they had donated to Hillary Clinton and donated to other Democrat candidates and were politically woke. The wife reported that she took the same aquarium cleaner but the police are investigating. When a spouse dies of poisoning the police often look at their husband or wife as the default suspect. I am sure their insurances, estate and relationship will come under close scrutiny. It is clear that she was lying about them being Trump supporters.

Comment

But Orange Man is bad. If she did use this opportunity to poison her husband what are the chances it makes it on CNN or MSNBC?
                "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
                  But Orange Man is bad. If she did use this opportunity to poison her husband what are the chances it makes it on CNN or MSNBC?
                  Somewhere between zero and zero. It is increasingly not mattering. People are not paying attention unless they are inclined to pay attention. Journalists are in glee when the Orange man's approval numbers are below 50% but don't seem to worry that their own often hover at one third of Trump's.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

Somewhere between zero and zero. It is increasingly not mattering. People are not paying attention unless they are inclined to pay attention. Journalists are in glee when the Orange man's approval numbers are below 50% but don't seem to worry that their own often hover at one third of Trump's.
                    1) But I thought this DID make the news, no?!
                    2) The Orange Man rarely induces "glee" lol
                    3) What journalist cares about being rated?!

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

1) But I thought this DID make the news, no?!
                      2) The Orange Man rarely induces "glee" lol
                      3) What journalist cares about being rated?!
                      3) TV infotainment is about ratings. More viewers brings in more money from advertisers. Has to compete with fake reality, fake wrestling, and spy shows. CNN viewership doubled when they focussed on Trump during the Republican primaries - what outrageous thing would he say next? Much more exciting than Jeb Bush. Fox didn't bring in boring economists but shock "journalists" and conspiracy theorists.

Watch the movie Network (1976), "It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore.. . . I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore.".

By the way, I think a reality-style chess tournament TV series would do well. Perhaps all junior players. As well as today's pretty commentator duo/computer analysis, deliberately have a planted cheater/sore loser, drama breakdown with the coach. Staged zoomed-in close ups of reactions to surprising moves. Background interviews in their home club. Each week, 45 minute episode, would be one round of the 8 player round-robin. I would hire Aris and Hal to be the arbiters in their stripped ref shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post

3) TV infotainment is about ratings. More viewers brings in more money from advertisers. Has to compete with fake reality, fake wrestling, and spy shows. CNN viewership doubled when they focussed on Trump during the Republican primaries - what outrageous thing would he say next? Much more exciting than Jeb Bush. Fox didn't bring in boring economists but shock "journalists" and conspiracy theorists.

Watch the movie Network (1976), "It's like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don't go out anymore.. . . I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore.".

By the way, I think a reality-style chess tournament TV series would do well. Perhaps all junior players. As well as today's pretty commentator duo/computer analysis, deliberately have a planted cheater/sore loser, drama breakdown with the coach. Staged zoomed-in close ups of reactions to surprising moves. Background interviews in their home club. Each week, 45 minute episode, would be one round of the 8 player round-robin. I would hire Aris and Hal to be the arbiters in their stripped ref shirts.
                        Oh ok, I get your point. I think I didn't see it at first because I spend way more attention on what I consider "genuine" journalists. You're right though.

Comment

Working...
                        X