Status On Elevate My Chess Tournaments and Events re COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status On Elevate My Chess Tournaments and Events re COVID-19

Our Newsletter released a moment ago contains some status update of our upcoming scheduled events. We also have information on new online masterclass chess lessons and our brand new online chess tournament on chess.com. You can find all the juicy details in the link below:

https://mailchi.mp/8ad4b5c51217/what...s-piece-680529

STATUS UPDATE ON UPCOMING EVENTS

Given the current situation with COVID-19 and the constantly changing government initiatives, all scheduled EMC events are now on hold. Below is a detailed status of each of these events and what it means for you:

2020 Ontario Girls U-19 Chess Championship

This event originally scheduled for April 4-5, 2020 will no longer proceed as planned. We may be able to reschedule to a future date but that will depend on the lifting of restrictions related to COVID-19 as well as the status of the Susan Polgar Foundation Girls' Invitational tournament in the US. This event may also be cancelled this year. In the event of cancellation, all paid registrations will be refunded.

2020 Mississauga Spring Classical Chess Championship

This event originally scheduled for April 4-5, 2020 will no longer proceed as planned. We may be able to reschedule to a future date but that will depend on the lifting of restrictions related to COVID-19. This event may also be cancelled this year. In the event of cancellation, all paid registrations will be refunded.

June IM Norm Tournament

This event originally scheduled for June 10-14, 2020 is now on hold. We may be able to proceed with this event as originally planned if concerns related to the virus is resolved timely and if the restrictions related to COVID-19 are lifted. If we are unable to proceed with this event as planned, it will be rescheduled to a future date or cancelled.

2020 Golden Horseshoe Chess Championship

This event originally scheduled for June 13-14, 2020 is now on hold. We may be able to proceed with this event as originally planned if concerns related to the virus is resolved timely and if the restrictions related to COVID-19 are lifted. If we are unable to proceed with this event as planned, it will be rescheduled to a future date or cancelled, if necessary. In the event of cancellation, all paid registrations will be refunded.

2020 Canadian Youth Chess Championship

This event originally scheduled for July 11-14, 2020 is now on temporary hold. We may be able to proceed with this event as originally planned if concerns related to the virus is resolved timely and if the restrictions related to COVID-19 are lifted prior to the event. In addition, changes to the timing of the World Youth event may have an impact on the timing of this event. If we are unable to proceed with this event as planned, it may be rescheduled to a future date or cancelled, if necessary. In the event of cancellation, all paid registrations will be refunded.

2020 Canadian Open Chess Championship

This event originally scheduled for July 15-22, 2020 is now on temporary hold. We may be able to proceed with this event as originally planned if concerns related to the virus is resolved timely and if the restrictions related to COVID-19 are lifted prior to the event. If we are unable to proceed with this event as planned, it will be rescheduled to a future date. In the unlikely event of cancellation, all paid registrations will be refunded.

2020 Summer Chess Camp

The 2020 Summer Chess Camp is originally scheduled for July 27-31, 2020. We may be able to proceed with this event as originally planned if concerns related to the virus are resolved timely and if the restrictions related to COVID-19 are lifted prior to the Summer months. If we are unable to proceed with this event as planned, it will be rescheduled to a future date or cancelled. In the unlikely event of cancellation, all paid registrations will be refunded.

2020 Master Chess Training Camp

The 2020 Master Chess Training Camp is originally scheduled for June 29-July 3, 2020. We may be able to proceed with this event as originally planned if concerns related to the virus are resolved timely and if the restrictions related to COVID-19 are lifted prior to the Summer months. If we are unable to proceed with this event as planned, it will be rescheduled to a future date or cancelled. In the unlikely event of cancellation, all paid registrations will be refunded.

If you have any questions related to these events, kindly email us at info@elevatemychess.com. We will provide regular updates on the status of these events as things unfold in the coming weeks.

My thoughts are with you Ken! Good luck with the resumption of your events..

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Green View Post
      In the unlikely event of cancellation....
      Once again we see those thinking about money rather than people forecasting preposterously optimistic scenarios.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

Once again we see those thinking about money rather than people forecasting preposterously optimistic scenarios.
        We could use some preposterously optimistic scenarios right about now.

I have lost track of how many books I have read recently (mostly on my kindle app). Mostly escapism and fiction though I have also been looking at chess books mostly on forwardchess.com and on my kindle as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
          We could use some preposterously optimistic scenarios right about now.
          We stop thinking about money and start thinking about each other. We stop overpopulating and over-polluting. We learn to respect Nature. We get through this with a new level of understanding as a species.

Comment

Working...
          X