Important Information On Government of Canada COVID-19 Relief Programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Information On Government of Canada COVID-19 Relief Programs

As some of you know, I have a day job outside of chess. In my day job, I provide valuable advise to individuals and businesses. While my services are specifically for my clients, I realize that we now live in special times with this virus. Some of you, like me, have businesses that are struggling right now. Some of you may have lost your jobs and others may be sick with COVID-19. At the end of the day, we are all impacted one way or the other. As a way to give back to my chess community, I'm inviting you to a webinar I'm hosting with my business partners to provide information on how you can access the Government's relief programs to help you, your families and your businesses cope in these difficult times.

Recently, the Government of Canada released some details on their economic response to help families and businesses. We've been getting a lot of questions regarding this as many people are confused and don't know what to do or how to start accessing these new programs. To help simplify the confusing information and provide some clarity, we are hosting a webinar on Monday, March 30th at noon. You can register using the link below:

REGISTER HERE

Spots are limited so we encourage you to register early. Feel free to share with others, particularly business owners you may know.

We encourage all our members and the chess community to remain safe and take proactive steps to protect themselves. In this respect, we continue to provide the following additional information:

What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
    • fever
    • cough
    • difficulty breathing

For the most up to date information on travel regarding COVID-19 please visit the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Travel Advice webpage on the government of Canada website.

As you may already know, many of the corona virus symptoms are similar to seasonal influenza. Should you experience these symptoms AND have recently traveled internationally to an affected region, we advise that you stay home and avoid contact with others and follow-up with your health care professional. Advise your health professional in advance of attending the clinic of your symptoms and travel history.

To help protect yourself from possible infection, health officials recommend that everyone:
    • wash your hands frequently and well with soap and warm water;
    • use alcohol-based hand sanitizer;
    • avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth;
    • cough or sneeze into your elbow, or cover your cough or sneeze;
    • avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness;
    • stay home if you are sick and avoid contact with others;
    • if you are sick, contact a health care provider about your symptoms and inform them of your travel history.

Thank you for hosting a webinar. The list you gave is already outdated as we are now into community spread. Employees of Tim Horton's and Shopper's Drug Mart are getting it. Playgrounds for kids are now closed. Some healthcare providers are already too swamped to answer the phone. I hope that you will include how to get groceries without going out.

A webinar for chess students might also be useful. How and where and when to play your friends online. Where to get free video lessons, and how to practice the new ideas with your teacher/friends.

I applied for EI, along with a million others, so I'll wait to see how long that takes to process.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post
      Thank you for hosting a webinar. The list you gave is already outdated as we are now into community spread. Employees of Tim Horton's and Shopper's Drug Mart are getting it. Playgrounds for kids are now closed. Some healthcare providers are already too swamped to answer the phone. I hope that you will include how to get groceries without going out.

A webinar for chess students might also be useful. How and where and when to play your friends online. Where to get free video lessons, and how to practice the new ideas with your teacher/friends.

I applied for EI, along with a million others, so I'll wait to see how long that takes to process.

Yes, information is constantly changing on a daily basis. We try to update our website as much as we can.

Note that application starts tomorrow for the CERB! If you've lost your job as a result of COVID-19 you can start applying tomorrow for government relief. See details in our covid-19 page link below:

https://elevatemychess.com/covid19/

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

Comment

Working...
      X