chess.com, Online Cheating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
    European Chess Union organizes the online tournament. Yesterday they had a test one. They had this text posted on the announcement:

"It is not allowed also to open a second window of the platform while playing. You will be forfeited according to Fair Play regulations."

A forfeit does not mean an account closure but if that generates a lot of triggers, maybe it moves to a closure. That my assumptions.
    Thanks, that might be a key "condition" to be aware of vs. cheating "detection systems", MUCH appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by David Ottosen View Post

Everyone who cheats is always adamant that there has been no cheating. There's no benefit to them to admit it.

Why don't you ask him to send you the last 50 games he played before he was shut down and see what you think? Alternatively, your student will just have to play elsewhere. There's plenty of sites.
      Well, the kid is rated 1200, slowly crawling up from 1000 a couple of years ago (maybe I'm a poor teacher lol) - anyway, if he were cheating, he would be a very poor cheater. Don't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Serge Archambault View Post
        David, you've been repeating that for ages, without providing any evidence of anything. Seemingly based on the fact you have done volunteer work very likely for some random internet game.
        Solid assumptions. You successfully got every single thing in this wrong, except for my name.

Comment

Chess dot com has bots crawling all over it. Especially <1600. There's even a flag bot!!!

Kinda rich that they are banning cheats.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
            European Chess Union organizes the online tournament. Yesterday they had a test one. They had this text posted on the announcement:

"It is not allowed also to open a second window of the platform while playing. You will be forfeited according to Fair Play regulations."

A forfeit does not mean an account closure but if that generates a lot of triggers, maybe it moves to a closure. That my assumptions.
            How about using an offline smart cell phone with a loaded Stockfish Chess app? You don't need to open a second window!

Or perhaps using an offline laptop with an app running a chess engine and choose some of the moves that evaluates an equal position but not play the 1st, 2nd or 3rd choices as suggested by the engine. At some point you choose a strong move!! and go back to the other choices that maintains that advantage but not the 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices again until you win the game with a decisive or winning advantage?
            Last edited by Mark Biong; Monday, 11th May, 2020, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X