Used books in Montreal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used books in Montreal

What are some good shops for used books in Montreal?

If there are any other resources, do share ; I do monitor kijiji .

Well - there's the Chesstalk sponsor's strore - Strategy at 3423 St. Denis (metro Sherbrooke).
    Others which sometimes have chess books (I can't guarantee that they are all open yet - or even if they are still in business)::

The Word, 469 Milton.
    Argo, 1915 Ste. Catherine W.
    Welch, 225 St. Viateur W.
    Presque 9, 5885 Sherbrooke W.
    Westcott, 6792 ST. Hubert.

Often Village des Valeurs or Renaissance will have used chess books. Check the one nearest you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
      Well - there's the Chesstalk sponsor's strore - Strategy at 3423 St. Denis (metro Sherbrooke).
      Others which sometimes have chess books (I can't guarantee that they are all open yet - or even if they are still in business)::

The Word, 469 Milton.
      Argo, 1915 Ste. Catherine W.
      Welch, 225 St. Viateur W.
      Presque 9, 5885 Sherbrooke W.
      Westcott, 6792 ST. Hubert.

Often Village des Valeurs or Renaissance will have used chess books. Check the one nearest you.
      Thanks so much for sharing. I hope to check the nearby ones out soon.

Yes, I had got a few books from StrategyGames too, but there are some interesting ones that are out-of-print. Hoping to get them used...

Comment

I checked out Presque 9 ; they are now closed and reopened across the street as Phoenix Books at 5928 Sherbrooke St W . Tried out Encore Books at 5670 Sherbrooke St W too.

Unfortunately, both of these didn't have any chess books.

Will update if/when I check the other ones out.

Thank you once again, Hugh.

Originally posted by Amit R View Post

Thanks so much for sharing. I hope to check the nearby ones out soon.

Yes, I had got a few books from StrategyGames too, but there are some interesting ones that are out-of-print. Hoping to get them used...

Comment

We just received about 100 used books at Strategy games in Montreal. We are open tomorrow from 10am to 6pm. Closed on Sunday

Comment

We will have over 40 used books added to our Ottawa location tomorrow (250 Bank Street - www.strategygames.ca ).

We are open from 10am to 6pm tomorrow and Dave Gordon will be happy to serve you!

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
              We will have over 40 used books added to our Ottawa location tomorrow (250 Bank Street - www.strategygames.ca ).

We are open from 10am to 6pm tomorrow and Dave Gordon will be happy to serve you!

Larry
              Any news on Toronto location?

Comment

Working...
              X