CFC joins Sport Tourism Canada as non-voting member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC joins Sport Tourism Canada as non-voting member

I have submitted the paperwork for the CFC to become a non-voting member of Sport Tourism Canada which was formerly known as the Canadian Sport Tourism Alliance (CSTA). The membership was of no cost to us as we are the rights holders to a number of events which the paying members would like to have access to. We have worked with the group previously before their name change and they have greatly increased our access to communities which might like to host major CFC events like the Canadian Open and CYCC. For me, the precipitating event was their new RFP portal which will allow us to advertise for free to communities which might like to host CFC national events. We will not have a vote as we are an event provider and not one of the groups that pays their bills but it is still a significant milestone.

There is also a category of membership for provincial organizations and I would suggest that every provincial association of any size consider joining as well for free to make use of this RFP portal.

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    For me, the precipitating event was their new RFP portal which will allow us to advertise for free to communities which might like to host CFC national events. We will not have a vote as we are an event provider and not one of the groups that pays their bills but it is still a significant milestone.

There is also a category of membership for provincial organizations and I would suggest that every provincial association of any size consider joining as well for free to make use of this RFP portal.
    https://www.sporttourismcanada.com/u...hery-canada-2/

An example of an advertising for an Archery Canada event.

Comment

Nice! Anything that has the potential to help is good news.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Sharpe View Post
        Nice! Anything that has the potential to help is good news.
        Yes, it was through the ancestor of this organization that we were able to fire up Kingston Easter Chess last year. I believe there are other good opportunities out there across Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

Yes, it was through the ancestor of this organization that we were able to fire up Kingston Easter Chess last year. I believe there are other good opportunities out there across Canada.
          It is the same organization. They changed the name to make it easier to understand what they were about.

Comment

Working...
          X