Is your chess club opening in September?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your chess club opening in September?

Does your chess club intend to resume its activities in September 2020?

In Montreal, the chess coffee house on St Laurent (Café PI) re-opened last Thursday,

If you are opening, what measures are you taking to ensure the safety of the players?

Larry
    Last edited by Larry Bevand; Sunday, 30th August, 2020, 05:29 PM.

In Kitchener, city hall is still closed to the general public so the answer is no.

Comment

The Kingston Chess Club is currently discussing possibilities of re-opening for Septembe. Our membership is less than 50 people, so we would not be in violation of one of the Ontario rules for Phase 3, concerning meeting sizes. Our regular site is unavailable until at least January 2021, so I and others are inquiring about alternatives. We also need to develop protocols, in conjunction with the Medical Officer of Health for the region; so we could learn from other clubs across Ontario and Canada about that.

Comment

The church where we play in Burlington will not open until at least the new year.
        For those clubs that are opening, what protocols are being put in place?

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
          Does your chess club intend to resume its activities in September 2020?

In Montreal, the chess coffee house on St Laurent (Café PI) re-opened last Thursday,

If you are opening, what measures are you taking to ensure the safety of the players?

Larry
          no. The Victoria CC is at the library and the library stacks are not yet open. No info on when that changes.

Even if they open the stacks, it is not clear what would happen with the club or how many would go if it were technically open. Not withstanding the observations in some other posts about being less than 50 players, my view is that it is an exposure I don't need to take. (Although I am playing blitz weekly with Harry Moore and Howard Wu.)

Comment

Working...
          X