Two CMA rated tournaments for youngsters are scheduled for Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two CMA rated tournaments for youngsters are scheduled for Sunday

Our first face to face CMA rated event (Since COVID) is being held in Levis. Quebec this Sunday. We wish them good luck!

At the same time, we will be holding an online event. If you took part in our first event and were unhappy, our team is now putting on a first rate event so I would hope you will give us a 2nd try. You have to register before 1pm EST tomorrow. Go to

https://chess-math.org/event/last-on...rnament-summer

Larry Bevand
    Executive Director
    Chess<n Math Association

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post
    Our first face to face CMA rated event (Since COVID) is being held in Levis. Quebec this Sunday. We wish them good luck!
    Can you tell us what safety measure will be used? News writes that there will be fines for not wearing masks in Quebec. Seems the government started to take everything more seriously.

Comment

From what I know, parents will not be allowed. I don't believe the kids will be wearing masks when they are sitting at the board. Everyone is experimenting at this point and no one wants to spread the virus. Room capacity is 75 but they are looking at 25 players.

In Montreal, The FQE is holding their first face to face covid event on Sept 26. The Chess Coffee House (Café Pi) has re-opened. We will be watching all of these events closely.

I have looked into buying plexi-glass divisions...the best price I have found is $145 plus tax per table. We are looking at an investment over $2,000... I have not moved on this yet...by the end of the month I should know.

No one wants to endangers players, referees, parents etc.

BTW, although the Lévis event is CMA rated, it is being organized by an independent collaborator.

Larry

Comment

Working...
      X