Knud Rasmussen problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knud Rasmussen problem

Maybe someone able to know and find the problem by Knud Rasmussen written about at The Liberal in 1948?

Mr. Knud Rasmussen of Oak Avenue Richvale who is very well known locally for his prowess at Chess recently received correspondence informing him that a chess problem he had submitted to an international competition had been awarded first prize.
    The competition known as the "Task Composing Tourney" had chess authorities the continent over vying for honours. It was under the supervision of the United States Chess Federation and it is indeed a feather in Mr. Rasmussen's cap that his entry was selected.
    http://history.rhpl.richmondhill.on....id=OOI.3215288
    Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Monday, 21st September, 2020, 09:15 AM.

Well, as Chess Life was the organ of the USCF and it contained a problem column:
    Last edited by Stephen Wright; Monday, 21st September, 2020, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Yup, that's right. It will be necessary to dig out if the winner and its problem were published. Though several Knud's problems were published in Chess Life. Will come back later.

Comment

Done:
        Last edited by Stephen Wright; Monday, 21st September, 2020, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I have several dozen of his chess problems in local chess columns. I always thought he deserves a a biographical article for the Aurora CC..

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Wright View Post
            Done:
            Great. Wished that the answer was blanked as I could not unseen it. A nice problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post
              I have several dozen of his chess problems in local chess columns. I always thought he deserves a a biographical article for the Aurora CC..
              By any chance you have columns digitized?

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

Great. Wished that the answer was blanked as I could not unseen it. A nice problem.
                The answer for the prize winner (#35) was not published until September 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Wright View Post

The answer for the prize winner (#35) was not published until September 5.
                  somehow I interpreted a right move from the second problem's key :)

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

By any chance you have columns digitized?
                    I can add it to my project list. Also, I recall seeing his name in a tournament crosstable before he can to Canada.
                    Last edited by Erik Malmsten; Tuesday, 22nd September, 2020, 11:44 AM.

Comment

Knud Rasmussen problem

September 23, 2020

From Chess Life, February 5, 1952

Chess Life Problem Composing Awards go to Musante, Holladay, and Kujoth by Vincent L. Eaton

We take pleasure in presenting the awards in CHESS LIFE’S International Composing Tourney for two-move problems, all of the entries in which have now been published. It was truly a global contest for in addition to 35 problems by American composers, there were 13 from Canada, a total of 29 from Argentina, Australia, Bermuda, Belgium, Great Britain, Czechoslovakia, The Netherlands, Israel, Italy, and Sweden. The judging has been done by the Problem Editor, guided by the comments and counsel of the late Alain White, to whose memory grateful tribute is once more paid.

A list of awards followed, then:

COMMENDED

Knud Rasmussen, Richvale, Canada

1. Nb5

Comment

Working...
                      X