chess and coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chess and coffee

https://en.chessbase.com/post/chess-coffee-days-2020 Apparently its coffee day. The article about coffee and coffeehouse chess looks interesting.

Coffee is a big requirement for many chessplayers, especially for speed chess adrenaline junkies. The Toronto Chess Club counted on income for coffee sales. I think a Canadian Open made $1,000 from coffee sales.

Hans, you could host a TV show: Chessplayers at Outdoor Tables Drinking Coffee.

Comment

I like it Erik. A French roast theme one day, a Dutch treat the next, regional variations. Maybe we could find a chessplayer who owns a coffee shop or chain. great idea. (Williams Cafe, the entire operation was once owned by a chess player, there's probably others out there)

Comment

French Vanilla!!

Comment

Yes we need a unique chessplayers brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
            French Vanilla!!
            The Blumenfeld Counter Cup !!
            "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
            "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
            "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Best bid yet! I like it.

Comment

Working...
              X