Chess Necropolis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess Necropolis

Hi there! I'm creating a city of dead chess players.

CHESS NECROPOLIS

It started off with what I thought would be a series of 'easy-to-do' animations of dead chess players ... Paul Morphy et. al. ... rising from their 'resting place' grave/tomb/cremation ... 'walk' / 'travel' through some sort of city/landscape ... meet up over a central main playing board/area.

Sounds simple enuff, right? Well let me tell you ... things got complicated real quick ... LOOL!!! Such as ... how should they rise from their tomb/grave/cremation? And then that's when the fun/pain began, ha!

This thread will be the dev thread for CHESS NECROPOLIS. This thread itself might even die ... then rise again :))))

I'll post developments as they come to life.

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
    Hi there! I'm creating a city of dead chess players.

CHESS NECROPOLIS

It started off with what I thought would be a series of 'easy-to-do' animations of dead chess players ... Paul Morphy et. al. ... rising from their 'resting place' grave/tomb/cremation ... 'walk' / 'travel' through some sort of city/landscape ... meet up over a central main playing board/area.

Sounds simple enuff, right? Well let me tell you ... things got complicated real quick ... LOOL!!! Such as ... how should they rise from their tomb/grave/cremation? And then that's when the fun/pain began, ha!

This thread will be the dev thread for CHESS NECROPOLIS. This thread itself might even die ... then rise again :))))

I'll post developments as they come to life.

I wish I'd thought of this.....in 1968 to entertain my spaced out friends.
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Here's a quick revision (like #7 or so) of the landing page. That crown with the beam of light will not only usher the visitor through CHESS NECROPOLIS but will also have the power to open crypts/tombs/graves/cremations and raise the dead.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CHESS_NECROPOLIS_intropage_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	8.5 KB ID:	209319

Full size image >>> https://societyofchessaficionados.co...intropage_.jpg

...more soonish like.

:))))

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Friday, 23rd October, 2020, 12:00 AM.

Comment

As the 'risen' chess players make their way through CHESS NECROPOLIS to the central chess board ... the ancient Uprights of Epoch will 'awake" ... fed by the arrival of the 'risen' chess player's energy ... a vital energy.
        Each Upright of Epoch will display the player's portrait, bio & other sorted details, along with the moves as they're being played over the board. Camera panning down, around and through the scene.

After the game has been concluded and the players turn and go their separate ways ... the ancient Uprights of Epoch once again return to dormancy.

Here's my first working study, it was rendered in Adobe Animate for a quick animation study...

Click image for larger version

Name:	C.N._UoE_v.5.gif
Views:	29
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	209548
        Click image for larger version

Name:	C.N._UoE_v.5_1a.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	209549

...dimension, texture & lighting now being developed in Blender.

:))))

Comment

Working...
        X