Chess Players and Coffee :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess Players and Coffee :)

Just wondering ... what kind of coffee machine do use and what kind of filter does it take? Basket or cone? Or, is it one of those coffee pod machines?

I have an old Sunbeam that uses a basket filter ... thinking of upgrading.

Thanks in advance :)

We've gone away from drip machines and the only thing that pods have going for them is speed. All we use these days are a french press and a stovetop moka pot.

Comment

I prefer drinking premade bottled iced mocha. For hot coffee i do use a moka pot with dark roast Ethiopian beans and add a little iced mocha instead of milk and sugar.

What do covid mask wearers drink? Filtered coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post

What do covid mask wearers drink? Filtered coffee.
        !!!

You guys are giving me whole new perspective on home brew coffee ... thanks!!

Comment

Nothing too fancy for me. A basic cuisinart drip coffee maker with Eight O'Clock Coffee beans ground through a cheapish conical burr grinder. The purists may cringe but I find it to be a decent everyday setup.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
            Just wondering ... what kind of coffee machine do use and what kind of filter does it take? Basket or cone? Or, is it one of those coffee pod machines?

I have an old Sunbeam that uses a basket filter ... thinking of upgrading.

Thanks in advance :)
            Keurig coffee machines are great for convenience. I think they are less wasteful of coffee. I use reusable pod baskets. I tend to try different coffees from time to time. I have some Tim Horton's dark roast pods bought on sale at Costco for those times when the reusable pods are all dirty and I don't have time to clean them.

https://www.amazon.ca/Fill-Save-Reus...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

Keurig coffee machines are great for convenience. I think they are less wasteful of coffee. I use reusable pod baskets. I tend to try different coffees from time to time. I have some Tim Horton's dark roast pods bought on sale at Costco for those times when the reusable pods are all dirty and I don't have time to clean them.
              I think some of the McDonalds Keurig pods can be directly recycled because they are actually made of reclaimed coffee (seriously) rather than what looks like plastic... If I remember correctly they can just go directly into the food waste container. I have been using a Keurig mostly for the convenience factor too, but some of the coffee out there in pods is really quite terrible - watch out before you buy a big case of some crap.
              ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Grinding beans seems awesome! Tactile! I'll give that a try :)

Good to know about the convenience of Keurig :)

Comment

Working...
                X