50km in memory of my little sister Daphne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50km in memory of my little sister Daphne

Hello everyone, it's been over three years now that my sweet little sister passed away after her war with pancreatic cancer.

November is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month. Maybe that makes you ask why do we need an "Awareness Month" for that? Well, the harsh reality is that very few souls survive pancreatic cancer, thus leaving few spokespeople for fundraising.

However, here in Ottawa, we have one of the true heroes against pancreatic cancer. Sindy Hooper was diagnosed with it while training for the Ironman Triathlon, but she actually did the Ironman through her treatments, and is still inspiring so many people now, years later. This past Saturday, Sindy and her dear friend Janet ran 50km to raise funds for research:

https://tohf.crowdchange.co/15655

P.S. "MEMC" stands for "Make Every Moment Count"!!

I wanted to do something. I can't run, but I can walk for a while. So on Sunday morning, I walked the same 50km, in memory of my little sister Daphne. It took me 10 hours and 35 minutes, and yes, it wiped me out and I'm still somewhat shocked lol.

If you would like to support this crazy little adventure, please donate to Sindy's hospital link above. When you're donating, please feel free to include a note like "In memory of Daphne". It's been quite touching reading such tributes in her name.

Thank you for considering making a donation, and/or feel free to pass this announcement along. Stay safe, all the best, Aris.
Working...
X