• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Fischer film on YouTube

Full Fischer film on YouTube

December 2, 2020

From chessbase.com:

Shortly before the death of former World Champion Bobby Fischer his Icelandic bodyguard during the Spassky match in 1972, Saemundur Pálsson, participated in the production of a documentary entitled "Vinur minn Bobby" (“My Friend Bobby”). Fischer protested, stating that the material used in the film was obtained by fraud. Now for the first time the full film is available in YouTube. You can watch it – but warning: it contains harsh language

See the film at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtAF...ature=emb_logo

by Frederic Friedel at:

https://en.chessbase.com/post/full-f...ilm-in-youtube

Im looking forward to seeing that.

Comment

Just watched the first one linked above: Me and Bobby Fischer ● Full Movie ● 2010 (UNPUBLISHED)

Amazing deep dive into Fischer's life post World Championship victory '72. I never knew he was arrested and detained for some time in Japan.

I found his insightful comment at 57:08 worth noting...

Maybe I should. I should, I should have gotten into acting, or whatever, a long time ago ... you know?

I like that world better.

I really don't like the chess players in general ... they're not my kind of people. They are very petty.

They ... um ... you know. They're mean-minded, petty, small minded, stupid. They don't care.

I listen ... a lot of times I listen to the radio. I listen to the jazz musicians and they really seem to love each other.

But the chess players don't love each other very much at all. Part of it is the competition and part of it is just the kind of people that go into chess ... you know?

But seems to me the people in the show business world are not as mean-minded toward each other as the people in the chess world.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Yup, I know that all too well ... thankful for those who are the exceptions.

Comment

Working...
      X