Kari Nurmi RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kari Nurmi RIP

It is with great sadness that I report that Kari Nurmi has passed away. He was a long time member of the Brantford Chess Club. He was too young to go. Regrets to his daughter and his brother Peter. He will be missed.

Thats a darn shame. I loved talking with Kari every chance I got. He was a man with passion - lots of it. and I loved hearing about his get togethers with brother Peter.
    RIP Kari. I am so sorry to hear this news. Heartfelt condolences to Peter and Kari's daughter.

Comment

Since we haven't been able to meet in person since March, this came as a great shock.
      He truly was a student of the game, always looking for the absolute best move all the time. He loved to reminisce about the Toronto club in the 70's, his Kapuskasing adventures in the back-to-back Canadian Opens in the early 2000's and as Hans mentioned his near weekly games against Peter.
      Far too soon for far too good a man.

We haven't decided the specifics yet, but will be renaming or inaugurating an event in his name.Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	210333
      We'll miss you greatly Kari.

Comment

This is stunning news. Kari loved to play chess and analyze games. He had a very sharp mind for chess.

My condolences to his family and to all his friends.

John Erickson

Comment

Very sad to here Kari was always challenge to play and will miss the rivalry OTB when the club opens again, my condolences to the family.

Comment

I knew Kari from his days at the Weston Chess Club and I saw him a few times after that. Always a very friendly person.
            This is very sad news. My condolences to his family and friends.

Comment

Working...
            X