Happy New Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year

I wish all chess talkers (and Canadian chess players) a Happy New Year. Let us hope 2021 is a whole lot of different.

*hope is the key ingredient in that sentiment... the practical side of me is not on board.
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
    I wish all chess talkers (and Canadian chess players) a Happy New Year. Let us hope 2021 is a whole lot of different.

*hope is the key ingredient in that sentiment... the practical side of me is not on board.

Thank you Kerry and I extend the same sentiment to everyone .... except that I would replace the word "different" with the word "better".

"Different" is what Donald Trump gave the world the past 4 years .... and as a result we all need something "better" now.

I don't think "better" will come especially from Joe Biden, although anyone but Trump helps.

The race is now on between the new Covid variant (and it's increase in transmission rate) versus the new vaccines. Literally the fate of the world may hinge on this race. Initial reports are good in respect to the vaccines, but this is going to be a war, not just a battle.

Health and happiness to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

Exactly, with the New Year we all get our annual dose of renewed hope for the future.
      The world has survived 2020 after looking into the abyss of pandemic and authoritarianism.
      Have we learned enough to turn the tide and begin the journey back from the brink?
      I think so, I hope so.

Happy New Year everyone.

Comment

Yes, Happy New Year to all.

Comment

From 2020 ... I was relieved to see some sort of peace agreements in the middle east ... thanks to Trump. One of my life long passion projects is to Stop War.

Relieved to see some sort of COVID vaccines ... thanks to TRUMP (as acknowledged by the 'Big Guy' ... Joe Biden)

Hope the vaccines serve people well :)

Happy New Year to you & yours.

Comment

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year!

Comment

Happy New Year All the best in 2021 to everyone.

Comment

Happy New Year.
                Hope OTB chess will be back soon.

Comment

Working...
                X