GM Bernie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Bernie

ok, have to admit - I did laugh out loud. Those mittens would be serious impediment in time scramble...
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

GM Bernie plays only slow games ; 1 season/move .

Audiences come and go ; opponents designate others to take their stead. GM Bernie just plays, slowly & steadiliy.

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
      ok, have to admit - I did laugh out loud. Those mittens would be serious impediment in time scramble...

Comment

The image has been photo-shopped using the photo of Senator Sanders from the 2021 presidential inauguration ceremony. The thing is, Bernie is really a chess player!!

Comment

Was Bernie a serious player?

I couldn't find him on USCF, and this chess.com profile seems unlikely to be him : https://www.chess.com/member/presidentbernie

Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post
          The image has been photo-shopped using the photo of Senator Sanders from the 2021 presidential inauguration ceremony. The thing is, Bernie is really a chess player!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post
            The image has been photo-shopped using the photo of Senator Sanders from the 2021 presidential inauguration ceremony.
            We kinda know that. The rest of the image comes from Queen's Gambit.

Comment

Originally posted by Amit R View Post
              Was Bernie a serious player?
              There is this: https://www.motherjones.com/2020-ele...ld-play-chess/

It would suggest he is a casual player. But then again a photo of my cat sprawling on a chessboard could also qualify my cat as a chessplayer. Hmmm. I wonder what David Raheb's cat is up to now....

Steve

Comment

Sorry, I couldn't stand that horrible Ps (Photoshop) hack not a moment longer, grr. So I found the orig image (pre-Bernie) and put back the top the clock and the back edge of the table and the top edge of the water glass too that was all hacked off in the name of GM Bernie ... sigh.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GMBernie_clocktop.gif
Views:	88
Size:	469.6 KB
ID:	211266

... :)

Comment

Beautifully done, Neil ; thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
                  Sorry, I couldn't stand that horrible Ps (Photoshop) hack not a moment longer, grr. So I found the orig image (pre-Bernie) and put back the top the clock and the back edge of the table and the top edge of the water glass too that was all hacked off in the name of GM Bernie ... sigh.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GMBernie_clocktop.gif
Views:	88
Size:	469.6 KB
ID:	211266

... :)

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
                    Sorry, I couldn't stand that horrible Ps (Photoshop) hack not a moment longer, grr.
                    To get a 99 level of Ps, the audience heads shall be turned ~90 deg.

Seems that he is an ideal slow calm player.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

To get a 99 level of Ps, the audience heads shall be turned ~90 deg.

Seems that he is an ideal slow calm player.

Of course there is the unspoken explanation of the original GM Bernie image you've seen at the top of this thread upon which my Ps (Photoshop) exactitude is merely a smoke screen.

Unspoken, you ask?

Unspoken because Bernie Sanders is actually a Genie! A Chess Genie to be exact.

Folklore has it that if you rub that particular chess clock three times (clockwise, forward in time, that's very critical!) and ask for GM Bernie the Chess Genie to appear seeking his advice ... he will appear!!!

His 'being' will 'rise' from out of the top of that chess clock!!!

Don't believe me?

Look again at the original image ... clearly you can see that that is true!

Egi (and all), from what I heard ... as Beth Harmon was waiting for her opponent to come to the board she rubbed the clock three times and whispered the magic chant which summoned GM Bernie the Chess Genie to appear asking for his advice.

What sort of advice? I don't know, sorry.

But what amazes me ... how did the camera catch his image? I heard it wasn't possible! I heard he only appears to those who ... a) know the ancient chant, b) have that exact chess clock!

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Monday, 1st February, 2021, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Neil, I'll have what you are having...
                        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
                        X