Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    Okay Columbo, what did I stand to gain?
    One can only speculate. The person who leaked the email to Mr. Tsypin was of course in cahoots with him, thus must have stood something to gain. Since Mr. Tsypin was on a FIDE committee, and clearly wanted to replace Hal Bond as our FIDE representative, anyone who scratched his back would likely get their own back scratched in return. Someone on the Executive wanted something from Mr. Tsypin in return for the leak. This is elementary my dear Watson.

Comment

This rickety Death Star has multiple thermal exhaust ports built in and I know exactly where they are.
      After continually proclaiming all the good he has done for the CFC, a no-so-veiled threat is made that he has no issues destroying it.

Leadership at its finest. Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

I presume that Hal gave the letter to them after they received the forgery, so as to demonstrate to them that he was not the author of the forgery. We still have the question of who leaked the original to Mr. Tsypin. Vlad, I will continue to give you the benefit of the doubt. If you did not leak the letter, do you have any idea who did? I am not asking you to name this person, I am only asking if you suspect anyone in particular? We know that it had to be someone on the Executive, unless Hal himself sent the email to someone else, or forged it himself, which does not seem to be the case. Given that neither yourself, nor Hal we shall presume, leaked the original, who else may have done so? In other words, who else exactly is on the Executive? Do you agree that one of these names must have been the leak-er? Or do you subscribe to the hacked at the airport theory?
        I like the way Brad articulates his questions. This approach resembles a journalistic investigation.

2018 CFC AGM took place in August 2018. The new line-up of Executives started work on August 22, 2018. Latest FIDE elections (after which the Hal's email was leaked) took place on October 4th, 2018. Here's a list of Executives (Directors) at the time copied from the CFC website:

2018 / 19 -- Online AGM
        President Vlad Drkulec
        Vice President Egis Zeromskis
        Secretary Lyle Craver
        Treasurer Fred McKim
        FIDE Representative Hal Bond
        Youth Coordinator Christina Tao
        Director at Large Mark Dutton
        Last edited by Victor Itkine; Thursday, 18th March, 2021, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Sharpe View Post
          After continually proclaiming all the good he has done for the CFC, a no-so-veiled threat is made that he has no issues destroying it.

Leadership at its finest. Sheesh.
          The rickety Death Star is the unholy alliance that can't shoot straight currently rampaging. It is not the CFC.

Comment

The rickety Death Star is the unholy alliance that can't shoot straight currently rampaging. It is not the CFC.
            That is good clarification... I don't know about everyone else, but I think it would work better if you posted directly without all the obtuse references and inferences.
            Chesstalk is enough of a barrier to sensible discourse in and by itself - please don't make it worse.
            ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Notice to Posters: I would be careful of accusing any one individual of altering (forging) Hal's letter to the CFC Board of Directors. To this day, none of the Board know who did this. At the time it happened, all of the Board denied sharing Hal's original e-mail with anyone. Hal may have recently implied he KNOWS who did it, but if so he hasn't shared it publicly.

Comment

We are not so much concerned with the person who forged the email, we are more concerned with the person who leaked it. The forgery likely took place by the person who received the leaked original rather than the person who leaked it. Someone on the executive must have leaked the letter to Mr. Tsypin. Who forged it is a lesser matter- it may have been the leak-er, it may have been the receiver. Either way, someone on the executive knows who leaked the letter because he is the person who did it. Unless of course the hacked at the airport theory is the truth of the matter.

Now, anyone who seems to obfuscate and confuse the matter is likely to be guilty. Anyone who honestly seeks to get to the bottom of the matter is likely not the guilty party. We know too that Mr. Tsypin was making all sorts of offers/bribes in order to attempt to replace Hal as our FIDE representative. Given his former position on the FIDE committee he may have been a person who could deliver perks to anyone who scratched his back. Perks such as attendance at important FIDE meetings in the future when the world gets back to normal. Vlad, we know, sought to usurp Hal in his role as FIDE representative and resisted correcting the matter until forced to.

Of course, appearances can be deceiving.

Comment

Under FIDE and CFC guidelines and rules I was entitle to usurp Hal Bond's role. My purpose in doing that was to get to the bottom of what happened with the intercepted email. For me this has always been the key. If we know this, we know everything that we need to know. Everything I said about thermal exhaust ports is doubly true today. I know so much more today than I knew yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
                    We are not so much concerned with the person who forged the email, we are more concerned with the person who leaked it. The forgery likely took place by the person who received the leaked original rather than the person who leaked it. Someone on the executive must have leaked the letter to Mr. Tsypin. Who forged it is a lesser matter- it may have been the leak-er, it may have been the receiver. Either way, someone on the executive knows who leaked the letter because he is the person who did it. Unless of course the hacked at the airport theory is the truth of the matter.

Now, anyone who seems to obfuscate and confuse the matter is likely to be guilty. Anyone who honestly seeks to get to the bottom of the matter is likely not the guilty party. We know too that Mr. Tsypin was making all sorts of offers/bribes in order to attempt to replace Hal as our FIDE representative. Given his former position on the FIDE committee he may have been a person who could deliver perks to anyone who scratched his back. Perks such as attendance at important FIDE meetings in the future when the world gets back to normal. Vlad, we know, sought to usurp Hal in his role as FIDE representative and resisted correcting the matter until forced to.

Of course, appearances can be deceiving.
                    The forgery was only to benefit Mr.Tsypin who has ambitions for himself and his wife. They have worked hard for Canadian chess and deserve more work in the international arena. (The forger may have been acting under direction of some FIDE official who found Hal annoying.) This fact should have disqualified Vadim from running for the position. but Vlad posted that we have a candidate in mind. He was happy in advancing somebody who was tainted with corruption. So, regardless of who leaked it, the acceptance of the candidacy shows a lack of integrity. Just as bad if he did so under legal threats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                      Under FIDE and CFC guidelines and rules I was entitle to usurp Hal Bond's role. My purpose in doing that was to get to the bottom of what happened with the intercepted email. For me this has always been the key. If we know this, we know everything that we need to know. Everything I said about thermal exhaust ports is doubly true today. I know so much more today than I knew yesterday.
                      Might you have at least informed Hal that you were exercising your prerogative to usurp his role? Why did you eventually un-usurp? Your purpose was surely valid, but why not work with Hal on the question of the leak-er rather than against him? Agreed, the identity of the leak-er is the key. I shall offer no opinion on thermal exhaust ports, but am encouraged by the fact that you know more today than yesterday. At my age I seem to be forgetting more than I am learning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post
                        (The forger may have been acting under direction of some FIDE official who found Hal annoying.)
                        Interesting speculation! Maybe Hal's original email got to FIDE after it was leaked, and as Vlad has told us, FIDE did not like it. And then it was doctored to look worse. Perhaps Mr. Tsypin only passed along the original, and then someone higher up did the doctoring?

Doth the plot thicken?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik Malmsten View Post

The forgery was only to benefit Mr.Tsypin who has ambitions for himself and his wife. They have worked hard for Canadian chess and deserve more work in the international arena. (The forger may have been acting under direction of some FIDE official who found Hal annoying.) This fact should have disqualified Vadim from running for the position. but Vlad posted that we have a candidate in mind. He was happy in advancing somebody who was tainted with corruption. So, regardless of who leaked it, the acceptance of the candidacy shows a lack of integrity. Just as bad if he did so under legal threats.
                          i think it was a coordinated effort between the CFC & FIDE.

And this is very disturbing...

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post
                          Despite a unanimous vote by the Executive, Vlad refuses to ask for Vadim’s resignation as the CFC Publicity Officer. Vadim is not held accountable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

Might you have at least informed Hal that you were exercising your prerogative to usurp his role? Why did you eventually un-usurp? Your purpose was surely valid, but why not work with Hal on the question of the leak-er rather than against him? Agreed, the identity of the leak-er is the key. I shall offer no opinion on thermal exhaust ports, but am encouraged by the fact that you know more today than yesterday. At my age I seem to be forgetting more than I am learning.
                            Perhaps Vlad's reference to thermal exhaust ports is his way of admitting that he is doing a lot more farting and belching these days....

Comment

• Originally posted by Pargat Perrer View Post

Perhaps Vlad's reference to thermal exhaust ports is his way of admitting that he is doing a lot more farting and belching these days....
                              Yes. I haven't been using Beano as often.

Comment

• There is something rotten in Denmark.

Comment

Working...
                                X