My resignation as FIDE Rep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
    i think it was a coordinated effort between the CFC & FIDE.
    How far up FIDE? All the way?

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
      So long as the Chess Federation of Canada continues to suckle FIDE's teat ... in one form or another (re: missing 60k, re: Anton etc.) these sorts of conflicts will continue to occur.

Chess in Canada at grass root & street level does not require FIDE.

Don't need FIDE to survive! Don't need FIDE to thrive!

Period.
      One of the few times that I agree with you, Neil. There should be two organizations: one for anyone (including elite players) who wants to join for love of the game, Canadian-rated tournaments, etc., and another for anyone (presumably mostly elite players) who wants/needs an organization which attends to Canada's international entanglements including the relationship with FIDE. The internationally oriented version of the CFC can be funded by the people who join it. Enough of this FIDE b.s.!!
      Last edited by Peter McKillop; Saturday, 20th March, 2021, 12:51 PM.
      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
      "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

• All new is well overlooked old. I accidentally stumbled into the 2020 CFC AGM election thread and realized that I had not read it then. After reading it today, I found a lot of interesting things. If anyone really wants to get to the bottom of the Hal Bond’s story, they will find important information in this thread. For those who don’t want to read all 13 pages, I will list the numbers of relevant posts in this thread which are most curious: ## 36, 39, 43, 48, 51, 67, 76, 82, 84, 85, 86, 88, 93, and 109.

Here is the link to this thread:
        http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...ampaign-Thread

And here are some of the most exciting quotes from this thread:

Hal Bond (from post #36)
        “Suppose one of our Officers offered money to our Federation in exchange for the removal of an elected member of the Executive. Do you think we could quietly ask this person to resign without being sued?

Fred McKim (from post #67)
        “In this case no action was taken. While the majority of the Executive voted for an action, President Vlad Drkulec declined to move forward after seeking legal advice from Les Bunning, our long time lawyer.”

Hal Bond (from post #76)
        “If we can’t even object to a bribe without being sued by the person who offered it, we should close our doors. We are not an organization, we are a hostage.
        ……………………………………
        “Make no mistake about it, this is not only about what has (not) happened, this is also about our future. Vlad is not corrupt at all, but to me he appears to behave like he has been compromised by the offender. This is not good for the CFC. We need to ensure the independence of the CFC Executive.

Hal Bond (from post #84)
        “FIDE told me that if I spoke up I would create a scandal which would be my fault. Vlad even warned me that my life could be in danger from the KGB.

Vladimir Drkulec (from post #88)
        “This type of a targeted attack is probably way above the pay grade of the person Hal blames for everything. I would have said FSB and not KGB as the latter died with the Soviet Union. And yes, I was concerned for Hal's life if he travelled to some of these foreign countries where life is often cheap and guilty parties can disappear into a crowd.”

Hal Bond (from post #84)
        “The bribe came right after the Batumi election in 2018. I had just received word that I was kicked out of the WCC match in London. A letter was sent to our Exec from the offender, trashing my performance in Batumi and praising himself. The bribe to replace me was alluded to in the letter and followed up more explicitly in a phone conversation with our President Vlad. Of course the offer was not even considered but the attempt was clear.

Hal Bond (from post #93)
        “Your view of FIDE's 5 year rule is irrelevant. What about the apparent willful deceit? What was done about that?

Hal Bond (from post #109)
        “I managed to speak with a top FIDE Official on the first night of the Abu Dhabi Congress in February. My first priority was to assure him that Canada does NOT oppose his administration. He replied that everyone is on the same team after an election. I also told him that I have come under attack - before I could finish he started apologizing for our offender, indicating that he did not support this kind of behaviour but they like his work so they keep him on. (Gasp!) I mentioned the forged email and again he mentioned our offender, and disavowed the act.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post

How far up FIDE? All the way?
          Consider the following...

Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post

“According to FIDE, you wrote to them stating that you would be attending as Delegate. Now they require you to correct this mistake so please do so. The deadline is October 31. You can almost surely attend as Counsellor and I would totally welcome that.”
          Originally posted by Hal Bond View Post

And after Drkulec resists:

“I have added the rest of the Executive to this discussion. I am Canada’s FIDE Delegate.
          No mention to Hal as to the reason 'why' he was attending as Delegate.

Seems rather strange to me.

You'd think Hal deserved an explanation ... especially after all his years of service to the Chess Federation of Canada, ha!

But, nope!

And now here safely outside of the CFC domain, here on a very public Chesstalk msg board, we get this...

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
          My purpose in doing that was to get to the bottom of what happened with the intercepted email.
          LOOL!! I call BULLSHIT!!

It would have been great to see a strong Canadian team confront ... Vadim or Berik or Dvorkovich et al. ... Hal as Canada's FIDE Delegate & Vlad as Counsellor!!!

But, nope!

Seems that Vlad had his own undisclosed plans. €20,000 worth of plans? Maybe and maybe not ... time will tell!

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Saturday, 20th March, 2021, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

One of the few times that I agree with you, Neil. There should be two organizations: one for anyone (including elite players) who wants to join for love of the game, Canadian-rated tournaments, etc., and another for anyone (presumably mostly elite players) who wants/needs an organization which attends to Canada's international entanglements including the relationship with FIDE. The internationally oriented version of the CFC can be funded by the people who join it. Enough of this FIDE b.s.!!
            Agree ... yikes!

lt would be enlightening to know just how many CFC memberships have a FIDE title. And, what is that percentage of membership represent of the overall CFC membership? Probably a very very small percentage.

Comment

Working...
            X