anyone having display issues at Chess.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone having display issues at Chess.com?

suddenly, my light squares are also dark squares

I've tried, unsuccessfully, to fix by various settings

I also notice thumnbails to be generally missing

anyone else seeing this, any suggestions to fix?

thank you

I was a floater for the first round of a tournament with a 15-10 time control that was CFC quick rated. My clock started and I saw a blank screen. I restarted my computer and everything was back to normal but I did lose about three minutes with the first two minutes being lost contacting the TDs. Rebooting your computer could result in a forfeit from chess.com.

Comment

I tried rebooting, no success, also Chat function just failing ... anyone else having Chess.com problems?

Comment

I noticed only some glitches yesterday. After refresh they disappeared.
        Another wave after the Queen's gambit win in Golden Globes? :)

Comment

My problems tend to be inopportune disconnections. I have also had Chess.com boot me out into an analysis screen so that when I was trying to play the game it was like I had opened an second screen where I could move the pieces and analyze the game that I thought I was still playing. The clock display appeared to have stopped. When I was able to move one of my opponent's pieces I realized something was very wrong though in a totally winning position I had lost some time which wasn't really important. I have often been plagued by inopportune disconnections to the point that it frustrates me enough not to want to play online. My next upgrade will probably be to get one of the newer more expensive mesh router setups, though I have a pretty decent router at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
            suddenly, my light squares are also dark squares

I've tried, unsuccessfully, to fix by various settings

I also notice thumnbails to be generally missing

anyone else seeing this, any suggestions to fix?

thank you
            Seems fine for me. Are you on a browser/app ? If on browser, here are a few suggestions :

1. Try on a different browser. I've been using Chrome on Windows Desktop, so if you aren't on Chrome, do give that a shot.
            2. Try incognito mode
            3. Try clearing the browser cache.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Amit R View Post

Seems fine for me. Are you on a browser/app ? If on browser, here are a few suggestions :

1. Try on a different browser. I've been using Chrome on Windows Desktop, so if you aren't on Chrome, do give that a shot.
              2. Try incognito mode
              3. Try clearing the browser cache.

HTH.
              Thanks, but it looks like clearing my browser cache made things worse, now I can't see the board at all.

I shut down, logged back in, still no success.

I would feel better if anyone else was still having the same problem, as I've run out of ideas for myself.

Comment

I've now tried with different logins across different devices / operating systems.
                Rebooting like Vlad did, has not helped, yet.
                So I guess I'm suspecting Chess.com so far.
                I'm still open to any potential recovery ideas.
                Thanks in advance.

Comment

I've now tried with different logins across different devices / operating systems.
                  Rebooting like Vlad did, has not helped, yet.
                  So I guess I'm suspecting Chess.com so far.
                  I'm still open to any potential recovery ideas.
                  Thanks in advance.
                  If it is still broken across different devices, it likely has something to do with an account setting on chess.com, it seems.

Do you recall having made any change recently? Does changing the following under "Settings" help : "Board and Pieces", "Themes" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Amit R View Post

If it is still broken across different devices, it likely has something to do with an account setting on chess.com, it seems.

Do you recall having made any change recently? Does changing the following under "Settings" help : "Board and Pieces", "Themes" ?
                    Actually, no changes, and anyway, I also tried another login provided by someone trying to help me.

Comment

Actually, no changes, and anyway, I also tried another login provided by someone trying to help me.
                      Have you looked at their forums maybe someone has similar issues? You may ask there as well. They respond to my request - I could not create a tournament for the club, they suggested alternative way. It worked :) Seems that they are improving in various areas, maybe not everything is tested thoroughly.

Will a phone app be sufficient?

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                        I was a floater for the first round of a tournament with a 15-10 time control that was CFC quick rated. My clock started and I saw a blank screen. I restarted my computer and everything was back to normal but I did lose about three minutes with the first two minutes being lost contacting the TDs. Rebooting your computer could result in a forfeit from chess.com.
                        On Chess,com. the TD cannot pause the game, unlike Torneleo, there is no Call Arbiter button that stops both clocks. Although this button is cause of great controversies because some players did abuse it to avoid a loss on time, there are cases in which it could be useful. On chess,com, the arbiter must add time to a player in order to avoid a flag fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

Have you looked at their forums maybe someone has similar issues? You may ask there as well. They respond to my request - I could not create a tournament for the club, they suggested alternative way. It worked :) Seems that they are improving in various areas, maybe not everything is tested thoroughly.

Will a phone app be sufficient?

so it seems to be a common problem across Canada, maybe a bit in Portugal too

it seems one solution is to VPN through the States

I really needed chess today lol

Comment

Actually Dr. Tam mentioned it in her Pandemic update this afternoon. Too many variants at chess.com, safer if Canadians don't play. However, if you are in an Ontario green zone, you can play against other Green zone members, but only if you agree to stay in a federally approved quarantine hotel while playing.

Comment

so it seems to be a common problem across Canada, maybe a bit in Portugal too

it seems one solution is to VPN through the States

I really needed chess today lol
                              Maybe reset dns servers info on your computer will help.

cmd
                              ipconfig /flushdns

Sometimes restart is needed.

Comment

Working...
                              X