anyone having display issues at Chess.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having the same problems with chess.com...ive heard of blindfold chess, but this is crazy !

tried using google. tried refreshing, restarted my computer, yelled at it lol...no diffrence !

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond Dickson View Post
      having the same problems with chess.com...ive heard of blindfold chess, but this is crazy !

tried using google. tried refreshing, restarted my computer, yelled at it lol...no diffrence !
      yeah, I blew a lot of time too ... Chess.com is aware of it, impacting mostly (not all) Canadians, and it seems even less Portuguese

there are workarounds being posted at Chess.com forums, but most seem to include lessening usual browser protections

at this point, I'm leaning towards just waiting for a proper solution

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post

yeah, I blew a lot of time too ... Chess.com is aware of it, impacting mostly (not all) Canadians, and it seems even less Portuguese

there are workarounds being posted at Chess.com forums, but most seem to include lessening usual browser protections

at this point, I'm leaning towards just waiting for a proper solution
        What about using a phone app ?

Comment

Aris,

I don't have problems with chess.com but you are not the only one today. One of my friends close to Toronto has similar problems and I had to put our game on hold to help him.

Be patient, it will be back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrei Moffat View Post
            Actually Dr. Tam mentioned it in her Pandemic update this afternoon. Too many variants at chess.com, safer if Canadians don't play. However, if you are in an Ontario green zone, you can play against other Green zone members, but only if you agree to stay in a federally approved quarantine hotel while playing.
            There are now 6 (and counting) vaccines against the chess.com variants virus, which by the way is mutating as we speak into variants virus variants. The one in the U.K. has a genetic mutation on the gambit spike protein, which causes the virus to enact more Pawn gambits during opening play, opening up the center so that the virus can gain a better foothold despite massing of antibodies on the d- and e-files. This causes massive coughing up of Bishops and Knights.

To get one of the vaccines, have your credit card ready and log into variantsvirusvariants.com and create an account. You will have to go to a testing center on the Danforth in Toronto near Greektown, and the testing does involve the insertion of a pointy Bishop into the ear canal and can be quite uncomfortable. For caucasians, a light-square Bishop is used, for all others a dark-square Bishop is used, and if you are given the wrong Bishop by mistake, you may end up with Opposite Color Bishop Syndrome which can cause all chess set pieces, even from Staunton sets, to appear to you as characters from the original Star Trek series.

Prime Minister Jethro Trudeau has promised major funding to the people affected by these viruses. He also promises that, while chess itself may never be recognized as an Olympic sport, he will personally make sure that a new related sport will be funded by Sport Canada, called "Snatch The Queen" in which Pawn promotion turns into a free for all. Arbiters are being sought for this new sport and Hal Bond has applied. As a result of this, movie studios are jockeying to finance the release of a new movie, called "The Queen's Snatch Gambit".

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Gougeon View Post
              Aris,

I don't have problems with chess.com but you are not the only one today. One of my friends close to Toronto has similar problems and I had to put our game on hold to help him.

Be patient, it will be back soon.
              Thanks Patrick!

It was one of those tough days personally, so I was really looking forward to my daily chess fix lol

Anyway, I'm back up as of a few minutes ago. But seriously, uncomfortable with how long it took.

Comment

Working...
              X