Susan Polgar retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susan Polgar retires

Susan Polgar, one of the most celebrated chess players in the world and the most successful college chess coach in U.S. history, will retire this year. She and her husband, Webster University Assistant Chess Coach Paul Truong, are moving to Florida to be closer to family and for health reasons.

https://news.webster.edu/2021/chess-...retirement.php

Good for Susan and Paul! Early retirement but its nice to plan your life that way! Ten years, my how time flys.

Comment

Yes, she has achieved a great deal and has been instrumental in promoting chess not just for girls and women but in general.
      Not sure I would pick Florida, but that is another thread (haha)
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

I was surprised that Le Quang Liem was chosen as coach but I think he's well spoken and a class act and will do well.

Comment

I look forward to her next chess promotion adventure! Susan's brilliant!

Comment

We can only hope she will.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
              Yes, she has achieved a great deal and has been instrumental in promoting chess not just for girls and women but in general.
              Not sure I would pick Florida, but that is another thread (haha)
              Quality of life, low taxes, beaches.... What is not to love? Millions of Canadian snow birds can't be wrong.

Comment

Working...
              X