Evgeny Bareev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evgeny Bareev

The Canadian chess community is so lucky (is that the right word?) to have Evgeny Bareev playing in Canadian events. I would like to say a big thank you to him for playing and giving Canada's strong players the opportunity and extra motivation to challenge him and learn and add to their abilities. (I know it has been said before but it needs to be said again) Grandmaster Bareev is a class act.

Originally posted by Hans Jung View Post
    The Canadian chess community is so lucky (is that the right word?) to have Evgeny Bareev playing in Canadian events. I would like to say a big thank you to him for playing and giving Canada's strong players the opportunity and extra motivation to challenge him and learn and add to their abilities. (I know it has been said before but it needs to be said again) Grandmaster Bareev is a class act.
    Well said, Hans.

As I see it , there is atleast 1 more facet to GM Bareev w.r.t Canadian chess : as a trainer. He's the only FST in Canada.

Comment

Well said Hans. Not to mention the great lectures he gave via Zoom to the Calgary Chess Club where he demonstrated not only his great chess wisdom but also a wicked sense of humour. We were extremely lucky to have such a great gentleman come to Canada. Amit is also 100% correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Findlay View Post

Well said Hans. Not to mention the great lectures he gave via Zoom to the Calgary Chess Club where he demonstrated not only his great chess wisdom but also a wicked sense of humour. We were extremely lucky to have such a great gentleman come to Canada. Amit is also 100% correct.
        I also appreciate Evgeny's sense of humour, he's so intelligent in so many ways. At the recent Online Zonals, he set a good example on adapting to the situation. I agree, we all benefit from him.

Comment

I was so impressed with GM Bareev's excellent play in the online World Cup qualifier. We are all indeed fortunate that he decided to participate!

Comment

Originally posted by Amit R View Post

Well said, Hans.

As I see it , there is atleast 1 more facet to GM Bareev w.r.t Canadian chess : as a trainer. He's the only FST in Canada.
            Russia has 37 FSTs. So, here is a marketing line to get some of them over :

"Poutine is better than Putin!"

Comment

Why do so few FIDE Senior Trainers show up on FIDE's list? Bareev isn't listed, although the title is listed in his personal FIDE data.

https://ratings.fide.com/fide_arbite...Senior_Trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                Why do so few FIDE Senior Trainers show up on FIDE's list? Bareev isn't listed, although the title is listed in his personal FIDE data.

https://ratings.fide.com/fide_arbite...Senior_Trainer
                Yeah, that doesn't quite work ; please try "Advanced Search" here instead : https://ratings.fide.com/ . There are 237 FSTs worldwide.

Comment

Originally posted by Amit R View Post

Well said, Hans.

Why not go ahead and book a free lesson over at his chess school !?!

http://bareevchess.tilda.ws/

Comment

Good point Neil. I would agree. It would be interesting to find out what he thinks of your chess no matter what your level. He's offering a personal touch - meaning he is looking at YOUR chess not just offering tried and true. Evgeny is not just a great trainer, he is a great coach.

Comment

Good point Neil. I would agree. It would be interesting to find out what he thinks of your chess no matter what your level. He's offering a personal touch - meaning he is looking at YOUR chess not just offering tried and true. Evgeny is not just a great trainer, he is a great coach.
                      Excellent coach, passionate about chess, explains concepts well, foster good calculation habits, enthusiastic, helps students succeed in all phases of the game, motivates students of all ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post

Why not go ahead and book a free lesson over at his chess school !?!

http://bareevchess.tilda.ws/
                        Once my son is good enough, I hope to reach out to him.

Comment

Originally posted by David Peng View Post

Excellent coach, passionate about chess, explains concepts well, foster good calculation habits, enthusiastic, helps students succeed in all phases of the game, motivates students of all ages.
                          Thank you. Far better post than mine.

Comment

A few years back I was invited to Brian Fiedler's home and together with some noteworthy members of the chess community we had the enjoyment of meeting GM Bareev and playing blitz with him. I really enjoyed the occasion and Evgeny's down to earth and witty responses and what I have sen and heard since then just adds to my respect for him.

Comment

Originally posted by David Peng View Post

Thank you for sharing, David.

Comment

Working...
                              X