2021 CYCC Online, Jul 3rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMPORTANT RECOMMENDATIONS:

Good morning chess families. Already chatting today with Bob from the CFC Office, as registrations and CFC memberships are jumping!!

That's great news, but please appreciate that if you leave your registration until the last minute, that you then risk not getting everything done in time to qualify for the early-bird $100 rate:

1) You must have a CFC number in order to register at ChessStream. This applies to everyone, including FQE members. If this situation applies to you (needing a CFC number), you'll need to email Bob at info@chess.ca by 12noon on Monday. This is so that your new CFC number can be propagated to the ChessStream registration database later Monday afternoon. You should also pay for your new CFC number at the same time. That new CFC number will allow you to register, but if it hasn't been paid for, then you still couldn't take advantage of the $100 early-bird rate.

2) Similarly, if you have an expired CFC number, you should pay for renewal by 12noon on Monday. Without a current CFC number, you still couldn't take advantage of the $100 early-bird rate.
    Note that CFC memberships that WILL expire by July 3rd, are of course also considered EXPIRED (EXPIRING).
    Note also that FQE members must have a current FQE membership past July 3rd (same conditions as per CFC)

3) And of course, for the $100 early-bird rate, you must pay that for the tournament by tomorrow (Monday), the earlier in the day the better, although Bob will accept later-on-Monday timestamps.

Our tireless Organizer Christina Tao is also contacting by email, families with outstanding payments. Her superb efforts are reflected in the tremendous registration numbers that keep coming in!!

Thank you, kind regards, Aris Marghetis, Chief Arbiter.

Comment

If I may suggest folks, when you send your payment to Bob at the CFC Office, please include as much information as possible about the player, CFC#, section, registration#, and so on. Thanks!!

Comment

Good morning everyone.

The last few days have been hectic processing all the registrations and related payments and membership renewals. We were at 326 this morning and I see we just got 1 more, so that's 327.
        The last update for payments on the entries list on Chess Stream site was yesterday. It is not dynamically linked with CFC systems so there is a delay. The next update will be this evening sometime along with the normal weekly ratings update.

Some of those who paid membership dues along with their registration fees were missed. I recorded payment of the registration fee portion, then printed a copy and put them in a folder marked "don't forget to enter these in Go membership system before you do upload to Chess Stream!!", and then proceeded to do just that. Oops, sorry, my bad. Also, any payments made yesterday but after the upload, will not be there yet. I am working on recording all those now. So if you are going to the CYCC registration page to check for updates, save yourself some aggrevation and wait until tomorrow morning.

Thanks for all your patience folks.

Comment

Aris -you're not accepting private messages, so I'll have to post it here.

I believe the CYCC will be held on lichess. I want to get the games. Is there an easy way I could pick them off lichess? I think I need a tournament ID - thus probably one for each age group. Then there's the problem of matching the real names with the lichess "handles". I could do that if a list is provided of that data - or can you, someone, or lichess do that conversion without much effort? Will crosstables be posted on chess_results?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
            Aris -you're not accepting private messages, so I'll have to post it here.

I believe the CYCC will be held on lichess. I want to get the games. Is there an easy way I could pick them off lichess? I think I need a tournament ID - thus probably one for each age group. Then there's the problem of matching the real names with the lichess "handles". I could do that if a list is provided of that data - or can you, someone, or lichess do that conversion without much effort? Will crosstables be posted on chess_results?

Thanks!
            Hi Hugh, I think the easiest way would be for me to send you what we'll be sending Dr.Regan, which will have real names substituted in for lichess handles. If there's another easier way for you to get them right off of lichess, I don't know of it, but I'm open to suggestions from anyone reading this. All results will be posted at ChessStream, and referred to from here. Nothing on chess-results.

By the way, I encourage anyone who hasn't paid their $150 registration fee to do that ASAP, as we're going to have a LOTTA work heading into the weekend. Same thing for expired CFC/FQE memberships, it would be best to have renewed those before Bob runs his Wednesday evening update. Anyone who hasn't paid, and/or not renewed CFC/FQE, will automatically not be paired.

Comment

Hi Aris - please send me whatever you're sending him. I assume that will be all the games? Will they be separated by section? Will ratings be included - if so, will they be CFC or Lichess ratings? The best email for me would be hugh dot brodie at mcgill dot ca.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                Hi Aris - please send me whatever you're sending him. I assume that will be all the games? Will they be separated by section? Will ratings be included - if so, will they be CFC or Lichess ratings? The best email for me would be hugh dot brodie at mcgill dot ca.

Thanks!
                The only email for me is arismarghetis at rogers dot com - please consider switching this over to email.

Comment

REALLY IMPORTANT!!

Last chance to pay entry fee and renew CFC membership (Quebec players may renew FQE membership AND advise the CFC Office of their new FQE expiry date). Our CFC Office Superman, Bob, is working furiously on this holiday to enter all last-minute payments. As originally announced, we're closing registrations at 8pm today. Players who have either an oustanding entry fee or an expired (or expiring by Saturday) CFC membership (see above re Quebec players and FQE memberships), well such players won't be paired. The Organizers have been emailing, texting, even calling such registrants. Please complete registration payments ASAP before 8pm tonight. Also, check your email for the announcements to Camera Check meetings and Technical Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
                    REALLY IMPORTANT!!

Last chance to pay entry fee and renew CFC membership (Quebec players may renew FQE membership AND advise the CFC Office of their new FQE expiry date). Our CFC Office Superman, Bob, is working furiously on this holiday to enter all last-minute payments. As originally announced, we're closing registrations at 8pm today. Players who have either an oustanding entry fee or an expired (or expiring by Saturday) CFC membership (see above re Quebec players and FQE memberships), well such players won't be paired. The Organizers have been emailing, texting, even calling such registrants. Please complete registration payments ASAP before 8pm tonight. Also, check your email for the announcements to Camera Check meetings and Technical Meetings.

Thank you to all the organizers and arbiters for all your hard work in helping make this event happen ; it was very well-organized and smooth.

Raunak had a tough, yet enjoyable and memorable day ; hopefully, he will learn from his mistakes and do better next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Amit R View Post

Thank you to all the organizers and arbiters for all your hard work in helping make this event happen ; it was very well-organized and smooth.

Raunak had a tough, yet enjoyable and memorable day ; hopefully, he will learn from his mistakes and do better next time.
                      Thanks for the kind words Amit. Christina Tao was unbellievable in how many things she took care of, how much help she pulled in!

Final results still pending Fair Play analysis ...

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
                        Final results still pending Fair Play analysis ...
                        Are they final now?

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

Are they final now?
                          Almost. I'm reviewing three passes of statistical analysis, and there's still some outstanding video review in progress. Something that's slowing us down is various people whose children didn't win, who have filed Fair Play complaints. Whether such complaints are reasonable or not, they all require a certain amount of work. I expect to be done everything remaining by tomorrow. Best, Aris.

Comment

Officially declare Team CANADA for the FIDE Online World Cup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image (4).png
Views:	64
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	214039

Official Team Canada Player List
                            1 Open U-10 Mutyalapati, Modith
                            2 Open U-10 Aaron, Reeve Mendes
                            3 Open U-10 Liu, Zachary Hankun

4 Open U-12 Han, Johnathan
                            5 Open U-12 Lin, Leo
                            6 Open U-12 Shi, Michael

7 Open U-14 Xu, Daniel
                            8 Open U-14 Batorshyn, Ilia
                            9 Open U-14 Kot, Emanuel

10 Open U-16 Issani, Nameer
                            11 Open U-16 Doknjas, Neil
                            12 Open U-16 Tanaka, Taira Tyler

13 Open U-18 Rodrigue-Lemieux, Shawn
                            14 Open U-18 Talukdar, Rohan
                            15 Open U-18 Hemstapat, Andrew

16 Girl U-10 Chen, Rae
                            17 Girl U-10 Liu, Kailey
                            18 Girl U-10 Guan, Marie Zijun

19 Girl U-12 Jiang, Hanxi
                            20 Girl U-12 Purevjamts, Anu
                            21 Girl U-12 Jin, Helena

22 Girl U-14 Chen, Rachel Ruoxuan
                            23 Girl U-14 Guo, Yu Han
                            24 Girl U-14 Tao, Kaitlyn

25 Girl U-16 Stevenson, Larissa
                            26 Girl U-16 Tsukerman, Julia
                            27 Girl U-16 Guo, Haze

28 Girl U-18 Wang, Isabelle
                            29 Girl U-18 Tan, Kylie
                            30 Girl U-18 Schneider, Michaela

Christina
                            CFC Youth Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Christina Tao View Post
                              Officially declare Team CANADA for the FIDE Online World Cup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image (4).png
Views:	64
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	214039

Official Team Canada Player List
                              1 Open U-10 Mutyalapati, Modith
                              2 Open U-10 Aaron, Reeve Mendes
                              3 Open U-10 Liu, Zachary Hankun

4 Open U-12 Han, Johnathan
                              5 Open U-12 Lin, Leo
                              6 Open U-12 Shi, Michael

7 Open U-14 Xu, Daniel
                              8 Open U-14 Batorshyn, Ilia
                              9 Open U-14 Kot, Emanuel

10 Open U-16 Issani, Nameer
                              11 Open U-16 Doknjas, Neil
                              12 Open U-16 Tanaka, Taira Tyler

13 Open U-18 Rodrigue-Lemieux, Shawn
                              14 Open U-18 Talukdar, Rohan
                              15 Open U-18 Hemstapat, Andrew

16 Girl U-10 Chen, Rae
                              17 Girl U-10 Liu, Kailey
                              18 Girl U-10 Guan, Marie Zijun

19 Girl U-12 Jiang, Hanxi
                              20 Girl U-12 Purevjamts, Anu
                              21 Girl U-12 Jin, Helena

22 Girl U-14 Chen, Rachel Ruoxuan
                              23 Girl U-14 Guo, Yu Han
                              24 Girl U-14 Tao, Kaitlyn

25 Girl U-16 Stevenson, Larissa
                              26 Girl U-16 Tsukerman, Julia
                              27 Girl U-16 Guo, Haze

28 Girl U-18 Wang, Isabelle
                              29 Girl U-18 Tan, Kylie
                              30 Girl U-18 Schneider, Michaela

Christina
                              CFC Youth Coordinator
                              Congratulations to the selected team members ; wishing you all the best for the World Cup!

Comment

BTW, when are the CFC ratings expected to be updated?

Comment

Working...
                                X